New RZ400 and RZ600 RFID printer/encoders offer high reliability, EPC Gen 2/ISO 18000-6C flexibility, rapid print speed, ease of use and integration
Vernon Hills, IL, April 14, 2008 - Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, today introduced its Zebra RZ400 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) and RZ600 (buy here from Legacy) UHF RFID Gen 2 midrange printer/encoders at RFID Journal LIVE! in Booth #106. The new RZ Series offers broad functionality at an affordable price point, making the products well-suited to lower duty cycle EPC Gen 2 RFID compliance and closed-loop RFID applications.
Zebra developed its RZ Series to enable smaller suppliers to retailers such as Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Metro, and Tesco, and companies just getting started with RFID implementation, to comply more readily with RFID tagging mandates. These new printers/encoders can also help suppliers to the U.S. Department of Defense design affordable systems to meet their case-and-pallet labeling requirements. Zebra will launch the RZ Series in North America in summer 2008 and in international regions later this year.
The RZ Series RFID printer/encoders represent the next-generation of Zebra’s best-in-class Z Series of industrial/commercial thermal printers launched late last year. They complement Zebra’s existing line of high-speed, high-performance R110/R170Xi UHF Gen 2 printer/encoders.
According to Steve Park, VP and general manager of RFID for Zebra Technologies, “With the addition of the RZ400 and RZ600, Zebra extends an RFID product portfolio unmatched in today’s marketplace, with printer/encoders to meet virtually every need and budget. This range of products, from low end to high, provides practical options for global suppliers seeking to comply with customer mandates and to improve ROI with closed loop business applications.”
The Zebra RZ400 and RZ600 RFID printer/encoders offer multiple advantages over other midrange industrial/commercial RFID offerings. Some of these include:
- RFID processes optimized for fast print speeds for increased efficiency and high throughput
- RFID counters to keep track of good and bad labels
- Rugged full-size metal construction for high reliability and long service life
- Graphic LCD display, easy set-up, operation and maintenance
- Multi-language support, including Japanese, Chinese and Korean – Unicode Compliant
- Support for USB 2.0, 10/100 Ethernet, and secure 802.11b/g wireless connectivity
- Enhanced range of RFID power settings
- Easy integration into existing IT platforms and applications
- A full complement of Genuine Zebra supplies to ensure compatibility and smooth operation
Enhanced with such broad and flexible RFID functionality, the Zebra RZ Series offers an optimal combination of price and performance that makes it a highly affordable choice for creation of smart tags, tickets and labels for compliance applications, as well as for numerous other applications in packaging, parcel handling, warehouse/distribution, transportation/logistics, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and retail operations.