Innovative features, compact size, and a wide range of options and media deliver a complete solution for users across a spectrum of industries
Vernon Hills, IL, July 14, 2008— Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, today announced the launch of the new G-Series line of thermal desktop printers. With a wide array of innovative features and connectivity options, the new printers bring best-in-class speed, performance, and a heritage of over 3 million desktop printers sold worldwide to a host of markets and printing applications.
The G-series products are available in both direct thermal and a combination of direct thermal/thermal transfer versions. They are compatible with Zebra’s multiple ribbon and label combinations, even those that work in the harshest conditions. The printers, utilizing Zebra’s high-quality in-stock media, are ideal for printing labels, receipts, price marking tags, shipping and return labels, boarding passes, ID wristbands and tags, admission tickets, and much more.
“The Zebra G-Series represents a sophisticated new generation of desktop printers,” said Glenn Williams, Zebra’s desktop senior product manager. “Zebra’s intensive research, development and testing have produced an easy-to-use, compact design with exceptional functionality. In addition to available wireless connectivity, this new flagship desktop line demonstrates Zebra’s long-held practice of listening to the needs and concerns of our customers and developing comprehensive solutions that meet their current and emerging application requirements.”
Highest Speed, Best-in-Class Performance, All in a Compact Footprint
The Zebra G-Series offers superior speed and performance for higher throughput and several connectivity options and configuration possibilities for optimal flexibility. From the feature-rich GX models (buy the GX420d, GX420t and GX430t from Legacy Technology Services) to the more basic GK models (buy the GK420t and GK420d from Legacy), the compact printers are designed to support multiple applications across a wide range of industries and operating environments.
Best-in-class attributes of the Zebra G-Series include:
- Wide range of connectivity options include 802.11g and Bluetooth wireless and 10/100 Ethernet for easy network integration of GX printers. LCD display, standard with wireless options, clearly communicates prompts and status.
- Co-resident native ZPL and EPL programming languages fit into existing or legacy environments with equal ease.
- Six inches per second print speed. The GX model is the fastest desktop printer currently available, resulting in increased productivity in all application uses.
- Sleek, compact design of the G-Series direct thermal printer offers the smallest footprint in the 4-inch desktop category today, saving much-needed space in crowded desktop environments.
- Ease of use provides faster media loading for increased productivity, with no training required. The direct thermal/thermal transfer version offers the easiest and fastest ribbon loading system available.
- High memory capacity. Firmware, forms, fonts and graphics are permanently stored in the printer. Flash memory provides faster processing, and increased SDRAM enables longer formats to accommodate more demanding applications.
- Rugged, high-quality construction provides greater durability and reliability than most desktop printers.
- Remote printer management, via ZebraNet Bridge Enterprise software, allows viewing and control of worldwide printer networks from a single location.
Zebra also offers a host of options to customize the Zebra G-Series printers to meet a wide range of industry and application requirements. For instance, labels in the retail pharmacy setting must be resistant to heat, UV lights, water and common bathroom products. Zebra can develop materials that are compatible with the G-Series and match these specifications. Other industry applications include, but are not limited to, parcel/postal, retail, manufacturing, security, transportation, recreation and entertainment.
The new Zebra G-Series thermal desktop printer line is now available in North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.