FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Datalogic Scanning Announces Next Generation of Ruggedized, Affordable Handhelds
Eugene, Oregon, September 24, 2008 – Datalogic Scanning is pleased to announce immediate availability of the new affordable PowerScan® PD7100 handheld industrial linear imager, the perfect solution for users who need a snappy, rugged and durable handheld scanner.
Offering best-in-class performance, the PowerScan PD7100 reader (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) is well-suited for high-volume industrial applications at instinctive reading distances - from contact to long-range.
Building on a Heritage of Product Excellence
“The PowerScan PD7100 handheld imager is Datalogic Scanning’s updated industrial value line, built on the technological legacy of the PowerScan 7000 SRI rugged handheld reader.” remarked Nick Tabet, Vice President of Handheld Marketing. “Lightweight, ergonomic and robust, this imager combines advanced optics with all the best features in one device. Snappy performance makes this scanner ideal for scan-intensive bar code reading applications.”
Automating Data Capture in Manufacturing, Warehouse, Transportation/Logistics
The rugged PowerScan PD7100 industrial imager was designed specifically for the manufacturing, warehouse, transportation and logistics sectors where it is ideal for work-in-progress, forklift, stocking, shipping, receiving, and retail point-of-sale check-out applications in rough environments such as DIY and Cash&Carry stores. Postal environments are a growing sector where the PowerScan PD7100 linear imager is the perfect solution for sorting postal and parcel codes where high-volume throughput is a key factor to increasing efficiency.
Customers Expect the Best from Datalogic Scanning – and We Deliver
An innovative and unique optical design allows the PowerScan PD71000 to combine scanner features that are normally incompatible.
- A speed of 390 scans per second, unmatched in the industry, provides outstanding high-volume reading performance of real life (damaged or poorly printed) bar codes.
- Instinctive reading - from contact to over nine feet/3 meters - provides the best-in-class reading range.
- Best-in-class depth-of-field and field-of-view performance enables reading wider bar codes as well as 3 mils high resolution bar codes with ease at standard distances.
- Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology provides intuitive and reliable good-read confirmation, improving the user experience and increasing the speed of scanning operations.
- Solid-state technology and the best durability rating in this product class deliver the highest reliability and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Robust plastic case with rubber overmold shields all likely drop points, adding extra shock protection, and safeguarding your investment.
- A multi-interface architecture and common cable set protects your investment and decreases conversion costs.
- An optional laser aiming beam is available for environments where more precise or brighter aiming cues are necessary.
PowerScan is a registered trademark of Datalogic Scanning Datalogic is a registered trademark of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries and the Datalogic logo is a trademark of Datalogic S.p.A. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.