FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Datalogic Scanning Introduces QuickScan® Imager with Patented “Green Spot” Technology
Eugene, Oregon, December 2, 2008 – Datalogic Scanning is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new QuickScan® QD2100 Imager (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), with Datalogic’s unique, patented “Green Spot”, which is ideal for retail and document handling, courier and postal applications. This new imager provides great value for users with many features normally found only on high-performance readers. With excellent reading performance on hard-to-read, poorly printed and even damaged bar codes, the new QuickScan Imager is designed to read 1D codes and recently adopted GS1 DataBar™ linear codes. It’s small, lightweight, extremely comfortable, and ergonomically designed for daily use.
QuickScan® - Building on a Heritage of Product Excellence
“Customers can now select from their preferred scanning technology: laser or the new linear imager, which offers an even better performance and a greater depth-of-field. The new QuickScan® Imager not only shares the same enclosure, accessories and cables with the QuickScan® Laser scanner, but is priced identically and competitively for this economic market,” said Pietro Todescato, General Manager, Handheld Scanning. “This new imager features Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ which provides intuitive code positioning and good-read feedback in noisy environments. None of our competitors can offer a similar product feature.”
Reduces Environmental Impact
With a standard five-year factory warranty and no moving parts, the QuickScan Imager is not only durable, but constructed to last. To increase environmental sustainability, reduce total cost of ownership and keep scanners on the job, the QuickScan Imager was designed with a replaceable and cleanable scan window to maintain the device in ‘like new’ condition. Replacement window packs allow easy cleaning or swap-outs of dirty, scratched, or damaged scan windows.
Datalogic Scanning Delivers on Customer Expectations with Best Technology Options
- Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology provides visual confirmation of a ‘good read’, improving the user’s experience and increasing the speed of scanning operations, which is especially helpful when working in noisy environments. No other scanning vendor can provide this distinctive feature.
- Replaceable scan window kits allow cleaning or replacement of dirty, scratched or damaged scan windows. Using these kits can help maintain scanners “like new”, prevent down-time, eliminate the usual costs associated with repairing damaged scanners, and ultimately reduce environmental impact.
- With a light-weight, gun-shaped, ergonomic form-factor, the QuickScan Imager is designed for user comfort in scan-intensive operations.
- The QuickScan Imager’s snappy and powerful decoder easily reads hard-to-read, poorly printed and even damaged bar codes, increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
- The QuickScan Imager reads bar codes as small as 4 mils, making it perfect for reading the tiny labels on produce, jewelry, beauty and healthcare products in the retail industry. It is also suitable for light industrial or ticketing applications, where reading small bar codes is required.
- The QuickScan Imager’s extended depth-of-field reads bar codes from further distances, eliminating the need to purchase multiple scanners for different applications.
- The downloadable Datalogic Aladdin™ Software Configurator makes it easy to customize programming to meet unique application needs.
- Available in both a POS model and a general purpose model, two multi-interface options support the most popular interface combinations.
- The QuickScan Imager has no moving parts and a five-year warranty backed by the toughest environmental sealing ratings and highest drop resistance in its class, protecting your investment.
- Remote host download provides an efficient management tool for multiple installations.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.