New form factor and preferred features for scan-intensive applications in industrial environments
Woodbury, NY - January 12, 2009 - Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, today announced its XG100 Series (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), a rugged gun-shaped mobile computer that scans barcodes and communicates wirelessly. This new product family augments the company’s line of rugged, PDA-style mobile computers. Janam now offers a full line of rugged mobile computers that covers almost any barcode-based user application within the four walls of the enterprise.
The Microsoft Windows-based XG100 Series has been optimized for the unique requirements of users in warehouses, distribution centers, loading docks and other venues where gun-shaped mobile computers are deployed. One of the first rugged mobile computers to be based on Marvell’s PXA320 processor, the XG100 is the only new gun-shaped, rugged mobile computer with a removable battery located inside the pistol grip. This design lowers the product’s center of gravity for easier handling and maneuverability. Placing the battery inside the pistol grip also allows the upper portion of the XG100 to be as slim and sleek as a rugged PDA, enabling a wider keypad area for larger keys without adding unnecessary weight or bulk. The XG100 is also the first rugged mobile computer with an Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) tag integrated into the body of the unit for enhanced asset protection.
Other features include:
- Powerful Adaptus® imager that reads virtually all 1D and 2D barcodes
- Rugged construction that withstands multiple 6’ drops to concrete on all sides across a full temperature range as well as 2,000 tumbles in a rotating test chamber
- IP64 sealing rating
- Extra-bright keypad backlight
- Robust 802.11 b/g Summit WLAN radio with Cisco’s CCX v4 support
- Emulator keypads ensuring compatibility with existing installations
- Vibrator alert for successful scan feedback
- Bright LED tail lights for visual feedback during overhead scanning
- Superior audio performance and VOIP-ready design
- Full suite of single-slot and four-slot cradles designed for every communication protocol
“Janam engineered the XG100 Series to maximize worker comfort and productivity, perform flawlessly in scan-intensive environments, provide easy migration and integration, and stand up to the toughest operating environments,” said Harry B. Lerner, CEO of Janam. “We’re thrilled to offer our customers and channel partners a rugged gun-shaped mobile computer that delivers superior levels of performance and quality at a price point that makes sense.”
The XG100 Series, introduced this week at the National Retail Federation’s 98th Annual Convention & EXPO in New York, is available for beta testing immediately. It is scheduled for full commercial release in North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and select Asian countries at the end of Q1. Janam will accept pro-forma bookings starting immediately.