FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Cordless Scanning - Mobility and Innovation Now Available Datalogic Scanning’s New Gryphon™ I GM4100 Reader
Eugene, Oregon, May 27, 2009 – Extreme mobility, versatility and unmatched reading performance are now available from Datalogic Scanning in the new Gryphon™ I GM4100 linear imager (buy here from Legacy Technology Services). The GM4100 is a high performance cordless linear imaging bar code reader with innovative new features for retail to light industrial applications. “Over the course of the past 10 years Datalogic Scanning has invested heavily in the development of a complete family of cordless products to extend our customers’ mobility in comparison to the use of traditional tethered devices”, states Giulio Berzuini, EMEA Sales & Marketing VP, “Now we are very excited to announce the new Gryphon I GM4100 imager which will enhance our winning position in cordless scanning.”
Gryphon I GM4100 Reader – Cordless General Purpose Scanning at its Finest
The Gryphon I GM4100 extends Datalogic’s leadership position with a feature rich scanner that provides everything needed in a general purpose cordless reader. In addition to snappy performance and an outstanding field of view, users now can have two way communications with the host computer through the scanner’s three button keypad and graphic display. Together with the recently introduced 2-position base station the GM4100 provides practically continuous productivity with its ‘Scan-While-Charging’ hands free scanning capability. The Gryphon I GM4100 also works in batch mode, retaining up to 1200 scanned bar codes when scanning outside the radio range. The Gryphon I GM4100 features Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™ as its communication backbone. Users can create simple to complex narrow band networks that are free from Wi-Fi infrastructure interference. This is a scalable system that offers the ability to connect up to 16 scanners to one base station. Its superior radio range covers a wide working area, eliminates the limitations of cabled devices, and provides a safer and more efficient work environment. These features, combined with exceptional reading speeds, reading fields, and a 3-year factory warranty produce the perfect solution for taking productivity to the next level in retail and light industrial applications.
Gryphon ™ Products – Datalogic’s Theory of Relativity
The Gryphon I GM4100 reader joins the globally recognized Gryphon family, which represents the premium line of offerings found within Datalogic’s group of general purpose handheld readers. All Gryphon readers feature Datalogic Scanning’s patented ‘Green Spot’ for good read feedback and are available with several options; corded or cordless and 1D or 2D label decoding. The cordless models offer either the Datalogic STAR Cordless System radio or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology.
Gryphon™ I GM4100 Reader– Recognizing Customer Needs for Today and Tomorrow
- Increased productivity and efficiency through reading speeds 325 scan/sec., unmatched in its competitive marketplace.
- Optional graphic display and 3-button keypad allow two-way communication between the scanner and the host.
- Retention of up to 1200 scanned bar codes when scanned outside of radio range using either manual or automatic batch modes.
- Scan-While-Charging / Hands-free reading capability available in the newly introduced two-positioned cradle provides the ability to configure the workspace in the most ergonomic way.
- ‘Leash Mode’ audible signal, and the ‘Find Me’ paging button offers investment protection.
- Superior radio range of 30m / 99ft for 433 MHz and up to 15.0 m / 49.2 ft for 910 MHz. Both point-to-point and point-to-multipoint connectivity are supported by the Datalogic STAR Cordless System.
- The ability to associate as many as 16 units to one base station to meet customers’ changing needs.
- Good read feedback with Datalogic Scanning’s patented ‘Green Spot’.
- Robust performance in dusty and moist environments through the increased IP42 environmental protection rating.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design for improved user comfort and productivity.
- Preparing for the future with GS1 DataBar™ code reading capability.
- Two available multi-interface models connect to a wide variety of POS terminals.
- Installation and maintenance simplified through Datalogic’s Aladdin™ Configuration Software.
- Assurance of hours of cordless operations provided by the lithium-ion battery pack (2150mA)
- Exceptionally long reading range improves productivity.
- Drop resistance of 1.8 m / 6.0 ft provides outstanding durability and reliability
- Exceptional Total Cost of Ownership and long product life through solid-state electronic technology and 3-year factory warranty.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in the EU, USA, and many other countries and Datalogic Aladdin; Datalogic STAR Cordless System; and Gryphon are trademarks of Datalogic Srl. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.