Zebra’s new Xi4 Series offers faster print speed, outstanding print quality and unparalleled reliability
Lincolnshire, Ill., October 05, 2009— Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, announces the Xi4 Tabletop Printer Series, an all-metal line that offers rugged durability, outstanding print quality, fast print speed, long life and unparalleled reliability. The Zebra Xi4 Series is designed for applications with high duty cycles in harsh environments and improves on Zebra’s previous line of XiIIIPlus™ tabletop printers.
Zebra’s Xi Series high-performance printers have earned a reputation of standing up to the most demanding applications and delivering the power and reliability expected of a premium performance printer. The new Xi4 series builds on that heritage with four different models that include:
- 110Xi4: Zebra’s flagship printer, the 110Xi4 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) now delivers faster 14 ips print speeds and is designed for applications with high duty cycles in harsh environments.
- 140Xi4: The faster, durable, and reliable, 140Xi4 (buy here from Legacy) combines a 14 ips speed with ease of integration and mission-critical reliability.
- 170Xi4: Zebra's high-performance, compliance-labeling solution, the 170Xi4 (buy here from Legacy) is ideal for AIAG, ODETTE, and UCC/EAN-128 labeling on demand or in batches.
- 220Xi4: The reliable 220Xi4 (buy here from Legacy) with advanced printer management tools is perfect for chemical-drum, banner-size, and other wide-label applications
“As a mainstay in Zebra’s product portfolio, the Xi Series printers are known for their reliability in even the most rigorous environments,” said Ed Migut, senior product manager for Zebra Technologies. “Because manufacturing is at the core of Zebra’s own business, it was vital for the company to bring new levels of print speed and performance to the market that should drive even greater efficiency to this sector.”
Designed with a balance of performance and functionality, Xi4 Series printers are optimized for high volume operations. Additionally, this series has enough memory and processing power to provide quick print speeds, deliver high print quality and support integration into network management and ERP systems.
Xi4 printers build on previous Xi Series printers to boost operational productivity with up to 40 percent faster print speeds on select models, faster 10/100 Ethernet data transfer—which contributes to faster print throughput—and enhanced early warning systems for reduced downtime.
Additional upgrades to the Xi series include:
- Customizable and easy-to-read LCD simplifies setup and operation
- Faster print speeds improves batch and “print and apply” productivity
- Faster Ethernet connection increase operational speed
- Improved “printhead element out” detection performance for faster problem notification
- Easier media sensor setup eliminates guesswork
- Improved media and ribbon low sensing improves uptime
Other features to the Xi4 Series include support for a wide variety of languages, versatile connectivity options, simultaneous parallel/Ethernet capability and remote printer management via ZebraLink Solutions.
Available in October of 2009, the Zebra Xi4 printer will be sold primarily through Zebra’s vast network of channel partners.