Durable material and water-resistant adhesive creates a wristband that last for days; Hi-resolution images enable easy cashless payment options for guests.
Orlando, Nov. 16, 2010 — Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, announced the launch of the Z-Band® Fun (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) and Z-Band® Splash (buy here from Legacy) this week at the International Association of Amusement and Attractions (IAAPA) show. The economical bar coded wristbanding solutions are ideal for amusement parks, theme and water parks, sporting events, and concerts. The wristband’s ondemand printing capability promises to create a splash in the amusement and attraction market.
The Z-Band® Splash wristband features a durable, water-resistant adhesive which is perfect for water parks, resorts and cruise lines. Using direct thermal printing, Z-Band Fun bar coded wristbands can offer entertainment venues significant benefits compared to RFID wristbands.
“Bar coded Z-Band Fun and Z-Band Splash wristbands offer cashless payment and guest data capture benefits similar to RFID, but at a significantly lower cost,” said Christine Weber, product marketing manager, Zebra Technologies. “Durable, bar coded guest wristbanding can help venues speed guest transactions, reduce ticket fraud and improve the overall guest experience.”
Z-Band wristbands enable:
- Cashless point of sale (POS) and increased spending per visitor.
- The capture of guest preference information. Attractions can use collected market data to market to guests.
- Guest prioritization by using wristband floodcoated colors, graphics and bar codes to indicate which services a guest is eligible for and allow the business to offer benefits to preferred customers, such as shorter lines or free lockers or beverages.
Amusement and attraction venue can:
- Reduce ticket fraud and revenue losses associated with counterfeits and theft.
- Improve transaction speeds by simple wristband scanning versus exchanging cash.
- Enhance each guest’s experience by increasing convenience.
- Enjoy lower total cost of ownership compared to RFID wristbanding.
To visit Zebra Technologies at IAAPA please stop the Zebra Booth #3182.