LONDON, United Kingdom — Tuesday 27 March 2012 — Psion (LSE: PON) today extends its successful modular product portfolio with the launch of the Omnii™ RT15 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), a rugged handheld device that combines modularity, performance and durability for mobile workers in the field. The Omnii RT15 is a result of Psion’s strategy where customer and partner input has informed the development of a sleeker, ruggedized handheld device for field service, delivery, field data collection and transportation.
“The Omnii RT15, combined with the Windows Embedded Handheld platform represents a breakthrough in the enterprise device market designed to drive down the total cost of ownership,” said David Wurster, senior product manager for Windows Embedded at Microsoft. “Windows Embedded platforms are engineered to deliver reliability, security and efficiency to connected devices and intelligent systems across industries, making it the operating system of choice for the Omnii RT15 that shares similar core values.”
Key features of the Omnii RT15
- Industry-leading modular upgradeable design
- Multiple data capture modules – Range of imaging and laser scanners from multiple vendors
- Expanded wireless capabilities – Includes 3.8G HSPA+, 2G EDGE, Bluetooth and 802.11a/b/g/n
- Modular QWERTY numeric keyboard– Easier texting and email communications for mobile workers with 9 different keyboard options
- Extended battery performance – High capacity battery and new architecture enable a continuous run time of 20 hours (including scanning and wireless usage)
- Tools to do the job – Clipboard inspired stylus and flexible vehicle cradle design for installation in transport trucks and delivery vans
- Rugged design – Certified for IP65 with a drop rating of 1.8 meters
- Omnii platform compatibility - All accessories, docking units and modules are compatible with the XT15
“The Omnii RT15 is an important addition to our portfolio of handheld devices, and clearly shows how Psion’s modular Omnii platform enables us to bring new models to market quickly in response to customer input,” said Ron Caines, President of Worldwide Sales and Service at Psion. “The combination of the Omnii modular platform, working together with Microsoft and the adaptable nature of the devices enables us to deliver exceptional value in terms of lower total cost of ownership.”
The Psion Omnii RT15 is now available to order in all major US and European territories. List prices start at $1,899.