Motorola Solutions delivers new accessories that will help retailers extend the functionality of the ET1 Tablet for improved sales support, mobile point of sale
NEW YORK – June 21, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced the availability of a suite of accessories for the ET1 Tablet. Offering a consumer-class user experience on a true enterprise-class tablet, the ET1 helps retailers offer a better shopping experience by providing the tools store associates need to answer questions, provide feedback and close a sale without leaving the customer’s side. Motorola introduced its ET1 accessories along with its vision of the future retail shopping experience and the results of the 2012 Future of Retail study.
- Motorola’s Future of Retail study found that 39 percent of shoppers were least satisfied with the level of help or information that store associates were able to provide.
- With the ET1 scan module, store associates can provide an improved shopping experience by offering more product information and better sales support. The powerful imager enables the capture of multiple barcode symbologies, including the ability to read mobile barcodes from cell phones.
- The ET1 scanner/magnetic stripe reader (MSR) expansion module adds the ability to read credit, gift and loyalty cards to the functionality of the scan module and turns the tablet into a mobile point of sale (MPOS) device. Now, store associates can provide more information and assisted selling, plus the MSR’s encryption technology can help the associate securely complete the sale, eliminating long lines at the cash register.
- The ET1’s hip holster provides a convenient and stylish way for store associates to safely carry the ET1 when it is not in use.
- Motorola is offering a new ET1 protective rubber bezel to help further protect the enterprise-class tablet from bumps and bruises in everyday use.
- With multi-slot chargers, multi-slot cradles and extra hot-swappable batteries on hand, retailers can easily ensure that associates are equipped with fully-powered devices at the beginning of every shift.
- Motorola’s recently introduced RhoMobile Suite enables developers to build highly secure, enterprise-grade business applications with a consumer-style look and feel across virtually any OS, device and screen size, including the ET1.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“Based on feedback from our customers, Motorola Solutions designed the ET1 Tablet’s new business-class accessories to improve the productivity of retail store associates and enable them to provide a better customer experience while also extending the applications of the tablet.”