Company announces WAN version of the ET1 tablet alongside new MC67 mobile computer
Brussels, Belgium – Sept. 19, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has today launched the most powerful enterprise mobile computer available on the market, the MC67 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services). This class-leading, ultra-rugged device offers HSPA+ WAN which is targeted at task worker applications in the field such as parcel collection and delivery scanning, inventory management, sales order entry, direct store delivery (DSD) and route accounting.
In addition, Motorola Solutions has also introduced the WAN version of the ET1 tablet targeting mobile task workers operating beyond the four walls. The class-leading ET1 tablet has been enhanced with the addition of a dual-mode WAN module that brings the ‘go-anywhere’ familiarity and popularity of a consumer-class user experience to a true enterprise-class device that offers enhanced durability, an optional modular barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reader, hot-swappable battery packs and secure system software.
Both devices are supported by Motorola Solutions’ portfolio of enterprise-grade software development modules including RhoElements, the HTML5 application enablement framework which enables businesses to cost-effectively develop enterprise applications once and deploy them on both Windows Embedded Handheld™ and Android-based Motorola devices, allowing for consistent user experiences. Finally, both MC67 and ET1 WAN are available with Motorola’s Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage program, providing coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
MC67 KEY FACTS
- The MC67 is the industry’s first rugged mobile computing handheld to incorporate a dual-core OMAP4430 processor from Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) with support for the latest generation of Microsoft’s Windows Embedded Handheld (WEHH) operating system, taking application performance to a new level.
- Building on the success of the MC55 and MC65 enterprise mobile computers (over 600,000 units deployed), the MC67 is one of industry’s most field-proven rugged Enterprise Digital Assistants (EDA) offering enhanced levels of rugged specifications such as IP67 and IP65 sealing to withstand the daily wear and tear of use in the field.
- The compact MC67 supports bandwidth-intensive, media-rich applications that involve data capture and transmitting high-resolution images and documents, concurrent voice and data communications, and location-based services.
- The MC67 offers multiple data capture options with an integrated 2D imager and 8-megapixel digital color camera equipped with document capture capabilities for field service, field sales, DSD and route accounting applications. Along with LED illumination, the camera incorporates a continuous auto focus mechanism optimized for high-quality document capture with enterprise class reliability that ensures many years of use in a rugged environment.
- In addition to offering a number of keypad options for data entry, the MC67 incorporates PenTile® display technology that delivers twice the brightness at half the power of typical displays, providing excellent readability even in bright sunlight. The rugged touch screen provides support for signature capture for proof of delivery applications.
- The MC67’s integrated GPS enables route planning and supports location-based applications offering the ability to track mobile workforces and equipment and provide workers with real-time navigation capabilities.
ET1 WAN KEY FACTS
- The ergonomic and durable ET1 tablet is ideal for field service, field sales, merchandising, metering in utilities, asset maintenance, DSD and route accounting in manufacturing and citations and incident reports for government and public safety workers.
- With TI’s WiLink™ 7.0 connectivity combo solution inside, the ET1 is equipped with Wi-Fi capability and a dual-mode WAN module, allowing use both within the four-walls and out in the field.
- Running an enterprise-ready hardened version of the Android operating system on TI’s dual-core OMAP4430 processor, the ET1 includes Motorola value-adds such as:
- Over-the-air mobile device management
- Symbol decode algorithms for barcode reading
- Multi-user login and provisioning
- Application control/lockdown
- Enterprise-Class security
- The ET1 incorporates a durable Gorilla Glass™ 7-inch color display, designed for business critical graphic applications. In addition, the screen bezel can be customized to match an organization’s brand.
- Motorola’s ET1 tablet offers a comprehensive suite of enterprise-class features and accessories, including:
- Durable design to withstand multiple bumps and drops during a workday
- Optional modular bar code scanner and magnetic stripe reader
- Hot-swappable rechargeable battery packs appropriate for use-case profiles, with memory back-up battery to retain RAM data for up to 15 minutes when the main battery is removed
- Single- and multi-slot tablet and battery chargers
- Front- and rear-facing cameras
- Availability of Bluetooth-connected handheld bar-code scanners, mobile-payment readers and mobile printers
- Optional hand strap for comfortable full-shift handling
For more information or to see these solutions integrated with parcel and post or field sales/service applications, please visit us in booth 4060 at PostExpo in Brussels, Belgium.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
“The MC67 offers the most enhanced system performance in the industry, in a proven, industry leading form factor that has been further ruggedized. The ET1 WAN tablet offers users the best of both worlds with an interface similar to a consumer device, coupled with durability and enterprise grade software features. With the introduction of the MC67 and the ET1 WAN, Motorola Solutions is continuing on the path of striving to break through boundaries to enhance our customers’ operations.”
Mike Schoonover, industrial business development manager, OMAP platform business unit, TI
"Complete with an OMAP4430 processor, WiLink 7.0 solution and additional TI components inside, Motorola’s new MC67 and ET1 products provide the enterprise with industry leading performance in rugged, durable form factors. TI is proud to work with Motorola to arm the enterprise with cutting-edge technologies that increase productivity while ensuring secure transactions, long battery life and always-on connectivity.”