CHICAGO (ProMat, Motorola Solutions, Booth #4576) – Jan. 21, 2013 – With more data and products flowing through warehouses and distribution centers daily, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is utilizing the latest wireless and mobile technology to help enterprises elevate their performance, capture demand and fulfill flawlessly.
Warehouses and distribution centers are one of the most critical inflection points in an increasingly complex global supply chain. Enhanced productivity, worker safety and business growth all can be realized through mobile technology by automating, enhancing and streamlining processes.
At ProMat 2013, visit Motorola’s warehouse environment to experience the next generation of vehicle-mounted computers on a forklift, discover the possibilities of mobile technology such as head-mounted computers, and experience the best-in-class industrial wireless networks to improve your operations.
Motorola Solutions and Psion, now a part of Motorola Solutions, also are announcing two new products at the show: the AP 6562 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), a dual radio 802.11n access point in an IP67 outdoor-rated housing, and the Omnii™ XT15ni (buy here from Legacy), a rugged handheld device designed specifically for operation in hazardous conditions. Both products will be demonstrated during ProMat at Chicago’s McCormick Place, Jan. 21-24 at booth #4576.
- The AP 6562 delivers a cost-effective means of supporting the most demanding wireless applications and large numbers of wireless devices.
- Distribution centers and transportation and logistics yards that need to maintain business continuity from the warehouse to the truck can benefit from the AP 6562’s ability to seamlessly extend the internal Wi-Fi network and deliver the bandwidth to run complex applications.
- MeshConnex™ technology enables fast routing for higher data rates and a better user experience in high bandwidth applications like video and reliable connectivity for automatic guided vehicles (AGVs), even at high speeds as they move within a warehouse, distribution center, industrial plant or yard.
- The AP 6562 offers flexible options for mounting, with both internal and external antenna versions in an aesthetic design built for outdoors, providing reliable performance in demanding weather conditions and indoors in cold storage units.
- The AP 6562’s second radio improves versatility, allowing IT departments to provide Wi-Fi access or serve as a dedicated wireless sensor that scans both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands for network assurance and security.
- Psion today announced the Omnii XT15ni, the latest addition to its line of Omnii rugged handhelds, which allows users in harsh environments the specific usability they require to improve productivity.
- Designed particularly for operation in hazardous conditions due to potential flammability, the Omnii XT15ni is non-incendive-certified for safe operation in industries including pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, utilities, chemical and other manufacturing applications.
- Certified by UL Laboratories to Class I Division 2 safety specification, the Omnii XT15ni is compatible with the same charging and vehicle cradle accessories as the standard Omnii XT15.
- The device is modular, easily upgradable at a Psion repair center and available with unique markings to safely identify the right product for the right job in dangerous environments.
- A variety of features are available for the XT15ni including imagers, a push-to-talk speaker, camera, WAN radio and three keyboard options.
- The Omnii XT15ni maintains the backward compatibility with Psion’s Omnii family of products, providing customers with a common platform across their user bases.
Come and join Motorola for the following presentation during ProMat:
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 1:30 p.m. in Theatre E: “The Value of Pervasive Real-Time Mobility in Making Flawless Fulfillment a Reality,” Mark Wheeler, director, Motorola Warehouse Management Solutions
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“Outdoor access to Wi-Fi networks is increasingly important to outdoor yards at distribution centers. Our customers can now deliver seamless indoor and outdoor WLAN services through the AP 6562. Deploying outdoor coverage with superior performance is no longer a cost-prohibitive proposition.”
Joe White, senior director, product management, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Motorola Solutions
“The Omnii has quickly become the most popular line in the Psion product portfolio because its industry-leading design makes it adaptable to almost any environment, and this flexibility helps customers reduce their total cost of ownership. The introduction of the Omnii XT15ni is a testament to our continued investment in the Psion line of products.”