Dolphin 6110 Mobile Computer Helps Retail Workers Manage Inventory
Fort Mill, S.C. – Dec. 4, 2013 – In a retail department or clothing store, the inability to accurately track inventory can result in reduced profits and unnecessarily dissatisfied customers, not to mention the inability to help online operations fulfill orders. Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced the Dolphin™ 6110 upgraded mobile handheld computer (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), which is purpose-designed to help solve these challenges. The device helps retail workers track inventory, conduct merchandise audits and price look ups, and assist customers.
On the outside, the Dolphin 6110 mobile computer looks identical to Honeywell’s popular Dolphin 6100 scanner (buy here from Legacy): it is light, pocket-sized and stylish enough to look good on a retail floor. On the inside, however, the Dolphin 6110 has upgraded technology, including an 800 MHz processor, updated barcode scanning and decoding capabilities, increased memory and a broader WLAN radio frequency range.
“Retailers can have thousands of different items and SKUs in their stores, and the right technology is key to helping them track and adequately stock inventory,” said Taylor Smith, mobility general manager of Honeywell Scanning & Mobility. “For workers, the Dolphin 6110 device is easy to hold and operate, and doesn’t require extensive training. For store owners, the Dolphin 6110 offers the industry’s best scanning and barcode decoding, and can make employees more productive while keeping closer tabs on inventory.”
Other features and capabilities of the Dolphin 6110 mobile computer include:
- Full-shift battery performance for reduced downtime and cost associated with pools of spare batteries;
- Honeywell’s Adaptus™ 6.0 Imaging Technology for intuitive and efficient reads of 2D barcodes, including poor or damaged barcodes, and barcodes found on challenging surfaces like mobile phone screens;
- Purpose built reliable and ergonomic design with an IP54 rating, making it easy to use and rugged enough to withstand drops on concrete;
- 2.8 inch VGA touch screen display and 28-key shifted alpha-numeric keypad allowing users to read and input data;
- Ability to integrate with Honeywell’s Remote MasterMind™ device management software, which gives IT administrators the ability to manage multiple mobile computers and other devices across multiple sites.
- Backwards and forwards compatibility with existing Dolphin 6100 peripherals and accessories offers continued ROI for existing customers
The Dolphin 6110 scanner is currently shipping.