April 15, 2014 – Eugene OR, USA – Datalogic, a global leader in the Automatic Data Capture market, employs cutting edge technology in the development of bar code scanners, mobile computers, and vision systems. Datalogic is happy to announce the availability of the Memor™ X3 mobile computer (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), the industry’s most pocketable rugged mobile computer! The Memor™ X3 represents the next generation of the highly successful Memor product line.
Following the form factor of its predecessor, the Memor X3 mobile computer offers a crisp 2.4” color touchscreen display and long-lasting batteries (1430 and 2300 mAh). It is built with a powerful 806 MHz microprocessor and is equipped with 512 MB flash memory and 256 Mb of RAM. The Memor X3 mobile computer offers enhanced Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n connectivity, and is able to work in both 2.4GHz and 5.2GHz bands complemented by a CCX v4 certification from Cisco.
“Identifying our customer’s specific market needs is a key driver in the development of products by Datalogic,” states Francesco Montanari, VP and GM of the Mobile Computer Business Unit, “We are confident the Memor X3 unit will enhance the store associate’s efficiency, as well as the overall customer’s shopping experience by offering real-time answers for inventory, stock location and pricing questions.”
Pertinent feature points offered in the Memor X3 include:
- Ergonomic & rugged design in a small and lightweight form factor (only 233 gr.)
- Windows CE 6.0 Pro or CE 6.0 Core Operating Systems
- Aggressive 1D and 2D reading capabilities with laser, linear imager and area imager options
- Laser models featuring scratch resistant Corning®Gorilla®Glass 2 scan window
- All scan engines featuring Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ good read technology
- Wi-Fi connectivity complying with the latest IEEE standard 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth®Wireless Technology v2.1 with EDR
- 806 MHz processor, with 256 Mb RAM and 512 Mb Flash memory (Pro models)
- Micro SD card slot offering further memory expansion capability
- QVGA 2.4” color touchscreen/display
- Increased battery capacity with both standard and hi-capacity options (1430 and 2300 mAh)
- 25 key keyboard improving the usability of the keys most frequently used
- RS232 and USB interfaces
A drop spec of 1.2m / 4 ft and an IP54 sealing protection provides protection ensuring a long life and high return on investment. The Memor X3 mobile computer is ideal for various retailer settings including mass/general merchandisers, warehouse clubs, light industrial and specialty, pharmacy, grocery and convenience stores.