May 8, 2014 -- Star Micronics staying true to its “Always Leading- Always Innovating” motto announces the addition of the SMD2 series cash drawers to its expanding mPOS solution lineup. The SMD2 cash drawers integrate seamlessly into any retail or hospitality environment to complete a sleek and functional mobile point of sale.
- Available in three sizes to support any application depending on space or cash transaction volume
- Durable all steel construction
- Printer driven interface (cable included) or Star’s DK-AirCash wireless option for Bluetooth 2.1 Android & Windows, MFi certified Bluetooth or Ethernet communication
- Standard removable ABS plastic cash till
- Kensington lock capable for added security
Star’s SMD2 cash drawers give retailers the ultimate flexibility in providing their customers with a truly unique shopping experience. It supports wireless operation and allows the user flexibility in configuring their store layout without restriction due to wiring or other traditional infrastructure limitations. With the ability to communicate via standard printer driven interface with included cable or Star’s DK-AirCash wireless option for Ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1 (Android and Windows support) or MFi certified (iOS support) Bluetooth communication; Star’s SMD2 cash drawers enable secure cash management in any mPOS sales environment. Available in small cash drawer size (SMD2-1214 Cash Drawer, buy here from Legacy Technology Services), medium cash drawer size (SMD2-1317 Cash Drawer, buy here from Legacy) and large cash drawer size (SMD2-1617 Cash Drawer, buy here from Legacy) with either white or black color finish, Star’s SMD2 cash drawers have a look and fit suitable for any application.