Purpose-built Gigabit wireless wallplate AP hides in plain sight while offering guests high-speed wireless for multiple devices
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – June 23, 2014 – Providing high-speed wireless Internet access in hotels and resorts can be challenging with numerous rooms, walls, floors, doors and other barriers potentially impeding high-quality coverage. Today’s hotel guests also are carrying more mobile devices and running data-hungry applications such as video in their rooms. Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MSI) is introducing an enterprise-class, dual radio 802.11ac access point (AP) designed specifically for hotels and resorts to provide reliable high-performance wireless connectivity. The AP 7502 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) hides in plain sight, or blends in with the room décor, and can be installed in just a few minutes by snapping the wallplate AP over existing cabling and utilizing WiNG 5 zero-touch automatic configuration. With comprehensive micro-locationing support, including Bluetooth® SMART beacon technology, the AP 7502 enables enhanced interaction and engagement to provide guests with the information they want when they need it most.
Motorola also is introducing two additional dual radio 802.11ac access points that provide customers with unparalleled price-to-performance ratio. The AP 7522 (buy here from Legacy) and AP 7532 (buy here from Legacy) are affordable yet come with a full suite of enterprise-class performance and security features providing high-speed wireless to all mobile users on all devices and applications. The sleek design allows for deployment in common areas and customer-facing public spaces with optional antennas to help ensure maximum range when needed. The AP 7522 and AP 7532 also can serve as a dedicated sensor for robust indoor locationing functionality.
- The AP 7502 is a new 802.11ac, dual radio access point with five internal antennas, four Ethernet ports and Bluetooth SMART technology, plus a host of Motorola features such as SmartRF to help ensure connection continuity and quality for every user and every mobile device in the room.
- The AP 7502 has flexible deployment options: centralized management via a wireless service platform for large scale and multi-facility deployments, autonomous AP 7502 environment supporting up to 25 APs with no controller appliance, or as a standalone hotspot.
- The dual radio AP 7522 offers 2x2 multiple-input and multiple output (MIMO) technology with two streams, while the dual radio AP 7532 offers 3x3 MIMO and three streams on both radios; thus providing cost effective options for medium or high density Wi-Fi deployment.
- The WiNG 5 operating system is a state-of-the-art wireless operating system that uses distributed intelligence, increasing the performance and resilience of the wireless network without performance bottlenecks or single points of failure.
- Motorola’s WLAN Management Service assures performance and availability of business-critical WLAN networks. The service encompasses security and compliance, including rogue identification and threat mitigation; network assurance, which includes troubleshooting, proactive testing and forensic analysis; support for centralized management; and policy configuration of Motorola WiNG 5 infrastructure.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“The AP 7502 from Motorola Solutions was built with the challenging hospitality environment in mind. The compact design makes it virtually invisible to guests while still providing the high-speed connection visitors look for when choosing a hotel or resort. Coupled with the AP 7522 and AP 7532, Motorola’s suite of 11ac access points gives customers value while maintaining the highest industry standards necessary for deploying a network in the hospitality market. Additionally, the portfolio is powered by WiNG 5, which remains an industry leader for highly distributed, intelligent, flexible and manageable enterprise-class Wi-Fi.”