Intuitive, high-performance DS4308 imager meets the varied business needs in multiple industries
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Sept. 9, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today introduced the next-generation Symbol DS4308 2D imager (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) that redefines the performance and flexibility expected from a bar code scanner. The DS4308 series of imagers is easy to use and offers an extraordinary read range, enabling users to scan bar codes of any density nearer and farther than any other scanner in its class.
- To meet the differing needs of customers, the lightweight DS4308 imager is available in four unique models:
- The DS4308-SR imager can scan electronic bar codes on the screen of mobile phones, drivers’ licenses and UPC codes out to 28 inches, making it easy to scan large or heavy items in a shopping cart from the opposite side of the counter.
- The DS4308-HD imager offers a 16.5-inch read range that is ideal for general point-of-sale (POS) scanning and can also capture small, high-density bar codes found on electronics, jewelry and other small items.
- For bar code scanning at the patient bedside, the DS4308-HC imager provides haptic feedback so patients are not disturbed as well as IP42 sealing and a specially designed, disinfectant-ready plastic housing that can be safely wiped down with a variety of harsh chemicals that help prevent the spread of germs. This scanner can also capture bar code data from curved reflective surfaces, such as vials, syringes and IV bags.
- The DS4308P imager offers the versatility of a handheld and presentation scanner with a built-in adjustable stand that enables workers to switch instantly between handheld and hands-free mode simply by picking up or putting down the scanner.
- Retailers, hoteliers, logistics and light manufacturing organizations can also use the DS4308 series for mobile loyalty, mobile coupons, event check-in, quality control and inventory tracking applications.
- The DS4308 series can quickly capture virtually any bar code with Motorola’s most advanced imaging engine and PRZM intelligent imaging - whether it is a high-density bar code, displayed on the screen of a mobile phone, or printed on paper and damaged, scratched or dirty. Green and red light indicators can also be mixed and matched with audio to provide scanning feedback in any environment whether it is a noisy manufacturing production line or a quiet hospital room.
- Service from the Start is available for the DS4308 series and can provide coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental breakage preventing unexpected repair costs.
Bob Sanders, senior vice president of Data Capture Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“The new Symbol DS4308 series of imagers provides the advanced performance, ergonomics and versatility that organizations rely on to meet their business needs whether it is in a retail store, hospital or manufacturing plant. With the brightest LED aiming dot and omnidirectional scanning – the sweet spot for can’t miss point-and-shoot scanning, we made the DS4308 our most intuitive and easy-to-use scanner so more items get scanned and less time is spent prepping for a scan.”