Company to showcase how enterprise asset intelligence can enable a better retail omni-channel experience
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Jan. 8, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, will be showcasing its latest retail solutions in Booth #1603 at the 104th National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 11-14, 2015 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Zebra acquired Motorola Solutions’ Enterprise Business in October 2014, and NRF 2015 represents the first time the combined entity will be demonstrating its retail offerings.
In retail today, the shopper’s experience is a retailer’s biggest differentiator. Expanding on the theme “The Experience is Everything,” Zebra, along with its business partners, will be demonstrating new solutions that can help retailers create personalized experiences that connect with shoppers, enable associates to deliver the experiences that turn shoppers into buyers, and can be deployed effectively with minimal IT support.
Among the new products, solutions and services on display at NRF:
- The Zebra PD40 mobile payment solution supports mobile payments anywhere in the store using virtually any type of payment card – magnetic stripe and the new EMV (Chip-and-PIN) - to safely and securely process transactions. The PCI-compliant PD40 links to Zebra’s Android mobile computers via secure Bluetooth® and can provide an easy-to-use one-handed solution that can help with line busting – empowering store associates to check customers out faster and deliver a better shopping experience.
- Workforce Connect Voice is a flexible Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony client designed to enhance workflow efficiencies and deliver better customer service. Using only a Wi-Fi connection, it can provide comprehensive PBX functionality to Zebra mobile computers - helping improve worker productivity. By converging desk phone functionality on mobile computers, associates can cost-effectively answer and manage telephone calls from anywhere in the store. Workforce Connect Voice makes communicating easy and intuitive by leveraging customizable screens and functions so store employees maintain a familiar telephone experience with existing systems.
- StageNow is a powerful, out-of-the-box staging solution that will help businesses quickly setup, configure, secure and deploy their Zebra enterprise mobile computing devices running the Android™ operating system.
Zebra also will showcase several recently introduced solutions:
- The MPact Platform for Mobile Marketing is the first of its kind to offer both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Smart technology to engage with shoppers in the aisle when buying decisions are being made. Shoppers can opt-in and receive customized offers and personal assistance via a Bluetooth Smart-triggered loyalty app and access Wi-Fi to locate products in store, read reviews, compare prices and look up information. The combination of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart technology gives insight and visibility to a shopper’s journey in the store while eliminating the need for retailers to deploy, integrate and manage two separate technologies.
- The ZQ110 (buy here from Legacy Technology Services) is Zebra’s smallest and most affordable mobile 2-inch printer - combining an ultra-compact design with rugged durability and reliable performance. Offering Bluetooth and WLAN support, as well as a full-shift battery life, the ZQ110 is ideal for mobile point-of-sale (MPOS) receipt printing, mobile promotion vouchers and merchandise pick-up slips. For applications that require reading loyalty gift cards or for authenticating a user, the ZQ110 printer offers an optional magnetic stripe reader (MSR).The ZQ110 also supports the latest Android, Windows® and Apple® (MFi-certified) devices.
- The Symbol TC70 touch computer combines the ease of use of a smartphone with the purpose-built durability, reliability and performance that retailers demand. Designed to boost efficiency and customer service, the TC70 is supported by more than 50 certified applications including price and inventory checks, line busting and assisted selling along with workforce and inventory management. The TC70 is available with a comprehensive family of accessories including holsters, a magnetic stripe reader (MSR) for mobile payment and trigger-handles ideal for scan-intensive applications.
- Workforce Connect Push-To-Talk (PTT) Express is a cost-effective solution that enables PTT communications among different devices, including Zebra voice-capable mobile computers, barcode scanners and enterprise voice devices. It can allow devices like the TC70 to serve as a two-way radio right out of the box via Wi-Fi.
- The pocket-sized Symbol CS4070 wireless handheld Bluetooth scanner can easily pair with any Bluetooth-enabled tablet, smartphone or laptop to provide enterprise-class 1D and 2D barcode scanning. The CS4070 works with all of today’s popular Android, iOS and Windows tablets, laptops and smartphones. Designed to be worn on a lanyard around the neck or fit naturally in the hand for all-day comfort, the CS4070 scanner can be used for mobile point-of-sale and merchandising applications.
- The Symbol DS4308 2D series of imagers is Zebra’s most intuitive and easy-to-use scanner - offering omnidirectional scanning and a decode range that allows users to scan any barcode type at any density nearer and farther than any other scanners in its class.
- The lightweight DS4308-HD imager offers a 16.5-inch read range that is ideal for general point-of-sale (POS) scanning and can also capture high-density barcodes found on electronics, jewelry and other small items.
- The DS4308-SR imager can scan electronic barcodes on the screen of mobile phones, drivers’ licenses and UPC codes out to 28 inches, making it easy to scan large or heavy items in a shopping cart from the opposite side of the counter.
Juliann Larimer, Chief Marketing Officer, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra and the former Motorola Solutions Enterprise Business have a long and rich heritage of leadership and innovation in the retail industry. We are excited to come together at NRF 2015 and showcase how retailers can differentiate themselves by enhancing the omni-channel experience with new solutions that can help retailers reduce costs, improve associate effectiveness and increase shopper satisfaction.”