Next-generation mobile platform built with customers’ future needs in mind
FORT MILL, S.C., – April 29, 2015 – Honeywell (NYSE: HON) offers the first in a series of next-generation mobile workforce solutions – the Dolphin™ 75e mobile computer (buy here from Legacy Technology Services), a sleek, intuitive, reliable and easy-to-use hand-held device that gives enterprises the flexibility to choose either the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld or Android™ 4.4 KitKat platforms. With a deep knowledge of discreet enterprise systems, Honeywell designed the Dolphin 75e to improve workflow performance and increase efficiency for companies around the globe.
- By providing choice in operating systems, the highly versatile Dolphin 75e mobile computer allows customers to take advantage of the flexible support and migration for increased productivity now, as well as seamlessly upgrade later to the Windows Embedded 10 Handheld or Android 5.0 Lollipop platforms as their needs grow. Honeywell will release additional products running on the same operating system platforms in summer 2015.
- As part of its commitment to help customers relying on enterprise mobility solutions to thrive in today’s global marketplace, Honeywell will launch a developer program aimed at giving key ISV solution providers early access for development and validation of business-relevant applications on the next generation mobile platform. The program allows select developers to start building applications in advance of general enterprise availability of the device. Interested developers should contact their Honeywell representative.
- The industry-leading Dolphin 75e mobile device addresses the needs of enterprises in a variety of applications, including inventory and asset management, shelf stocking, customer engagement, check-in and reservations, quality and auditing, picking, and voice-enabled workflows by allowing mobile workers to toggle between multiple applications from a single device.
- The Dolphin 75e device offers a superior user experience with a field-proven, pocket-sized design and easy-to-use interface that encourages fast and easy adoption with minimal training resources. Equipped with state-of-the-art battery technology and a durable IP67-rated design, the Dolphin 75e computer powers through a full shift and beyond.
- Honeywell’s Dolphin 75e is powered by the leading-edge Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801 processor, a 2.26-GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of FLASH, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and capacitive touch with universal glove usage capabilities. The device offers a variety of input and output modes for operations needing to deploy multiple applications easily to increase productivity.
- The Dolphin 75e is available for pre-orders in May, and will start shipping in June 2015.
Taylor Smith, general manager of mobility, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility: "Our top priority is to deliver world-class solutions that make our customers more efficient and meet the diverse business needs of a global workforce, while helping customers get the most out of their existing technology investments. Honeywell understands customers have unique business challenges and opportunities to improve workflow performance, which is why we developed a solution that can run on Android and Windows operating systems."