TW-522 access point enables easy-to-install, high-capacity guest networks and location-based services over existing telephone lines
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – June 11, 2015 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, announced the new TW-522 wireless wallplate access point (AP) to help meet hotel guests’ growing demand for wireless connectivity. Designed to extend a superb mobile broadband experience to hotel guest rooms by leveraging existing telephone wires, the TW-522 AP offers a cost-effective, easy snap-on installation that eliminates the need to run new cabling to each guest room - reducing installation complexity and minimizing disruption to guest stays. Zebra will debut the TW-522 AP in Booth #620 at HITEC 2015 -18 at the Austin Convention Center.
- Dual radio band operation allows hoteliers to install TW-522 APs in every room, offering guests a dedicated AP for connecting their laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Zebra’s next generation 802.11ac dual radio technology meets the latest wireless standards, providing hotel guests with faster wireless connections, increased wireless network capacity and an enhanced guest experience.
- The TW-522’s built-in, enterprise-class security features ensure guests’ wireless connectivity is encrypted and secure.
- A Bluetooth® Smart beacon option allows hotels to deliver location-based services directly into rooms, enabling hotel staff to engage with guests and provide the right information at the right time and in the right place.
- The TW-522 AP is fully compatible with Zebra’s T5 PowerBroadband system that is used by many hotels nationwide. Hotels can easily upgrade their T5 systems with the TW-522 without replacing the entire solution.
Mike Browning, president, Pacific DirectConnect Inc.
“Hotel wireless networks deployed only a few years ago have become overwhelmed by the increasing number of new mobile devices and the large amounts of bandwidth they require. Zebra’s new TW-522 AP provides hotels with a cost-effective way to install dedicated APs in each room to deliver a superior wireless experience to their guests.”
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra is committed to applying new innovation to its T5 PowerBroadband solution to ensure the hospitality industry can keep pace with the increasing network demands of its guests. The TW-522 AP ensures guests receive a superior wireless experience and with Bluetooth Smart technology hotels can thoughtfully engage with guests and increase staff productivity.”