We Pack Logistics Benefits from Device’s Durability, Long-Range Scanning Performance for Maximum Productivity
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – April 4, 2016 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announced its 3600 Ultra-Rugged series of scanners (call 866-271-9891 to order from Legacy Technology Services). They are purpose-built to exceed industry standards for durability, scan performance and manageability in demanding industrial environments such as warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing shop floors and do-it-yourself (DIY) retail stores.
We Pack Logistics, a division of 129-year-old Harrison, Walker & Harper, is a growing third- party logistics, packaging and supply chain management firm that relies on the 3600 Ultra-Rugged series to help boost workforce efficiencies and maximize productivity in its warehouses.
- 1D and 2D versions of the 3600 series are available with corded and cordless options for fast, accurate performance in picking, packing, shipping, receiving, work in progress (WIP), inventory tracking, track and trace, cross docking and point of sale (POS) applications.
- Built to perform in extreme conditions, the ultra-rugged scanner series offers the industry’s highest drop, tumble and sealing specifications in its class and is the industry’s first IP67-rated scanner capable of enduring complete water immersion for up to 30 minutes.
- Zebra’s 3600 series offers industry-leading scan performance on 1D and 2D bar codes - whether it is a high-density bar code, displayed on the screen of a mobile phone, under heavy shrinkwrap or printed on paper and damaged or dirty.
- Available with Zebra’s PowerPrecision+ smart battery technology which offers a first-in-its-class charge gauge for visibility into battery power, users can monitor battery age and ability to hold a charge – ensuring only healthy batteries are used.
- Zebra OneCare support services maximize the availability and productivity of the 3600 series and include 24/7 technical support, comprehensive coverage, advance replacement, software updates and optional visibility services.
Brian Hoog, CIO, We Pack Logistics
“To provide our customers with the best technology supply chain services, we run a state-of-the-art warehouse management system in all of our facilities across the country and equip our warehouse employees with quality scanners from Zebra. The new 3600 series is incredibly durable and offers precision scanning which allows our warehouse team to scan quickly and from a distance which is critical for productivity.”
Bill Burns, senior vice president, Enterprise Visibility and Mobility, Zebra
“Warehouse and manufacturing environments can provide some of the toughest conditions for scanning, and we designed our ultra-rugged 3600 series scanners with this in mind. Whether they’re dropped on concrete floors, used in rainy conditions or even operating in a freezer, these scanners which are 23 percent more durable than any other scanner in its class will continue to perform and provide the unstoppable scanning performance necessary to achieve peak productivity throughout enterprise environments.”
Available 3600 Series Ultra-Rugged Scanner Models:
- LI3608 / LI3678
- Advanced 1D Barcode Capture
- The practically indestructible 1D LI3608 corded and LI3678 cordless scanners are ready for the world’s toughest environments — the warehouse and manufacturing floor.
- DS3608-SR / DS3678-SR
- 1D/2D Standard Range Barcode Capture
- Designed to capture virtually any barcode from near contact to an arm’s length away, these scanners are loaded with features that deliver truly unstoppable performance, redefining reliability and management simplicity.
- DS3608-HP / DS3678-HP
- Superior Capture of Barcodes, Photos
- Flexible superior capture of 1D/2D barcodes, photos, signatures, OCR data and documents — complete with processing to provide a sharp, legible image.
- DS3608-HD / DS3678-HD
- High Density Barcode Capture
- Advanced capture of high-density 1D/2D barcodes common in electronics manufacturing.
- DS3608-DP / DS3678-DP
- Direct Part Marks and Barcodes
- Advanced capture of direct part marks (DPM) common in aeronautics and automotive manufacturing, where end-to-end traceability of all components is required.
- DS3608-ER / DS3678-ER
- Extended-Range Barcode Capture
- Advanced long range capture of 1D/2D barcodes, from near contact to the top shelf of a warehouse rack.