Brother PT-9700PC / PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode Label PrinterDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Brother PT-9700PC/PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode & Label Printer
The Brother PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN Desktop Barcode and Label Printers produce high-quality laminated labels suitable for harsh environment applications. With resolutions up to 360 x 720 dpi and a maximum print speed of 3.15 ips, the PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN can be configured to print on-demand, laminated labels that will fit many vertical market applications.
The printers use thermal transfer technology and self-contained cassettes that include the adhesive-backed label and the lamination all in one. This drop-in cassette makes it easy to change consumables - there are no transfer ribbons to install and align, no need to remove wrinkles from a transfer ribbon, and no need to perform density calibrations at any time. The continuous label cassettes give you the flexibility to print labels of any length with a half-cut feature that allows multiple labels to be printed on a single strip and peeled off as needed.
The powerful Brother P-touch® Editor label design software is included with each printer to help you design and print customized, on-demand labels for just about any application. You can create labels with text, graphics, and over 14 industrystandard linear and 2D bar codes. In addition, you can use P-touch Editor to connect to and print labels from a variety of data files, includes text and CSV files, Excel® spreadsheets, and Microsoft® Access® and SQL Server® databases.
A special feature with the PT-9700PC and PT-9800PCN printers is that large label print jobs can be distributed among multiple printers simultaneously. The number of labels to be printed will be automatically divided among the selected printers. Using this distributed printing mode will reduce the total printing time and reduce overall throughput. Distributed printing is available via the USB and Ethernet (PT-9800PCN) interfaces.
- Harsh environment labeling - laminated labels offer protection from moisture, temperature extremes, certain chemicals, and abrasion.
- High speed, high resolution thermal transfer printing - maximun print speed is 3.15 ips; maximum resolution is 360 x 720 dpi.
- Drop-in label cassettes eliminate the maintenance required with other thermal transfer printers - no transfer ribbons to install or align and no density calibrations required.
- Built-in auto cutter allows labels of various lengths to be printed. Half-cut feature allows multiple labels to be printed on a single strip and peeled off as needed.
- Built-in Ethernet port on the PT-9800PCN allows multiple users to share one printer.
- Host USB port on the PT-9800PCN lets you connect a USB scanner and print labels from scanned barcode data to downloaded label templates.
- Print from non-Windows applications via the USB, serial and Ethernet interfaces using ESC/P emulation or ASCII data.
- Distributed printing can spread large print jobs over multiple printers.
- Five resident fonts and over 14 linear and two-dimensional barcode symbologies.
- Bundled with P-touch Editor, a powerful software application for designing and printing customized, on-demand labels. You can also use it to connect to a variety of data files.
- BRAdmin Light network management software is included with the PT-9800PCN to make it easier to set up and manage Brother desktop barcode and label printers.