Datalogic Magellan 8500Xt High Performance In-Counter Scanner and Scanner/ScaleDiscontinued Replaced by: Datalogic Magellan 9800i In-Counter Scanner and Scanner/Scale
Datalogic Magellan® 8500Xt High Performance In-Counter Scanner and Scanner/Scale
(Manufacturer page here)
The Magellan 8500Xt scanner/scales are the culmination of recent developments by Datalogic Scanning in high-performance fixed position scanning for the Retail Industry. No other bar code scanner designed for high volume retail performs better, has better reliability, or has the combination of features that translate into a measurable Return on Investment (ROI) than the Magellan 8500Xt products. The Magellan 8500Xt scanner/scale inherits the Magellan brand's renowned reputation for performance and reliability that has made Magellan the number one high-performance retail scanner brand in the world.
Magellan Scale Technology, Datalogic Scanning’s new factory certified weighing system, virtually eliminates additional costs associated with integration. Scale-settling times (less than 500 milliseconds) are the fastest in the industry, improving throughput on priced-by-weight items. A Dual Interval Scale model legally weighs smaller, high-priced items for increased revenue. A scale-ready model version for integration of adaptive scales is also available.
The Magellan 8500Xt scanner/scale addresses produce shrink at the POS with the patented All-Weighs® scale platter that allows cashiers to weigh long or bulky produce without touching a non-weighing surface. Optional Checkpoint® and Sensormatic® integrated EAS antennas reduce shrink at the POS by requiring a good read before deactivating an EAS tag.
Data management is essential for managing POS operations. A new label editing feature enables easy pre-formatting of data before delivery to the POS. Value Added Features are reporting tools that allow data from the scanner to be used to improve throughput and manage maintenance. Special EAS reporting features provide immediate feedback and the ability to track EAS tagging compliance on a per-item basis.
The Magellan 8500Xt scanners/scales are the world’s number one retail scanner in performance, reliability and high value differentiated features.
- SurroundScan 3D Scanning™ provides 6-sided scanning to improve throughput, increase operational efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction by shortening checkout lines
- Magellan Scale Technology, Datalogic Scanning’s new factory certified weighing system, reduces scale settling time to less than 500 milliseconds per transaction improving throughput on weighed items
- Patented All-Weighs scale platter reduces produce loss at the front end by providing a unique solution for weighing long or bulky produce
- Optional Checkpoint or Sensormatic integrated EAS antennas reduce ‘Failure to Deactivate’ events at the exit gates
- Improved ease of service features reduce the total cost of ownership
- Optional PreScan™ software allows customers to have their purchases scanned while waiting in line
- WMI Compliant; Integrates with IBM Director through RMA