Honeywell 5500 OptimusS / OptimusSBT Compact Portable Data TerminalDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Honeywell 5500 OptimusS/OptimusSBT Mobile Computer
Honeywell’s SP5500 OptimusSTM is a compact portable data terminal designed for retail and light warehouse data collection applications, including inventory, stocking, order-picking and shipping/receiving.
The SP5535 OptimusSBTTM incorporates Bluetooth® connectivity for real-time data transfer and easy integration with any Class 2 Bluetooth® (up to 10 m) peripheral.
OptimusS and OptimusSBT feature navigation and software development tools that make customizing applications for even the toughest data-collection challenges a snap.
Each OptimusS comes with the Optimizer software package to facilitate application development. This graphically-oriented program allows even computer beginners to quickly and easily set up the applications they wish to run on their terminal. There are also several simple utilities for uploading and downloading of data. The entire software suite is designed to make application development a painless process.
Both devices come with software for quick configuration to any mobile computing program or database. Their 2MB of memory accommodate large inventories and rechargeable batteries provide hours of scanning operation (OptimusS: 100 hours; OptimusSBT: 36 hours).
- LCD Display with Backlight and Adjustable Font: Easy to view screen to accommodate different users and environments
- Small Form Factor: Same feature set as bulkier units in a lighter, easier to handle package
- Cradle Communicates RS232 and USB: One cradle does both, so a simple cable swap gives users quickchange ability
- Fully Charged Battery Lasts Aproximately 100 Hours: Minimizes down time; speeds up the inventory process
- Several Programming Options (Optimizer, BASIC, C): Accommodates different levels of programming skills from beginner to advanced (SP5500 only)
- Class 2 Bluetooth Technology (up to 10 m): Allows real-time data transfer up to 10 meters to a variety of devices