Honeywell (formerly Datamax-O'Neil) RL3 3" Portable Barcode Label PrinterDiscontinued Replaced by: Honeywell (formerly Datamax-O'Neil) RLe 4" Rugged Portable Barcode Label Printer
Datamax-O'Neil RL3 Portable Rugged Label Printers
Datamax-O’Neil built its reputation on rugged and reliable portable receipt printers and has now used this expertise to design the industry’s most rugged portable label printers. The RL3 (3-inch/76mm) and RL4 (4-inch/102mm) are durable direct thermal printers with a rugged design and reliable performance that will continue to operate long after other printers have failed. We’re so confident in the quality and long term reliability of these printers that we include a 2-year warranty free of charge. That’s double what the competition offers.
Anybody who’s ever been in a warehouse knows that when shipments are processed more quickly and effectively, productivity is increased and errors are reduced. The RL Series improves efficiency and productivity by allowing workers to print and apply barcode labels directly at the point of application. Using the RL Series to print ondemand labels also eliminates the danger of mixing up batch printed labels and saving thousands of dollars in potential shipping errors. The printer can even be mounted on fork trucks for added convenience and versatility.
We’ve made integration easy. Replace existing printers using Datamax-O’Neil’s language emulations. The RL Series is compatible with most popular warehouse management software programs, independent label design programs and remote management packages.
- Logistics and Distribution
- Inventory Labels
- Content ID Labels
- Receiving Labels
- Shipping Labels
- Shipping Labels
- Cross Docking Labels
- Bin Labeling
- Stop Location Labels
- Work in Process Labels
- Receiving and Location Labels
- Content ID Labels
- Shipping Labels
- Item Labels
- Shelf Tags
- Specials and Talkers
- Returns Labeling & Tagging
Increase Efficiency & Reduce Errors - In many retail environments, workers travel to and from a central location to pick up “batch printed” labels and shelf tags. While this method works, it also creates wasted movement and potential labeling errors. The RL Series eliminates the danger of “label mix up” by printing labels at the point of application. And, since workers aren’t wasting time traveling to a central location, retail applications are far more efficient and productive.
Increase Productivity - The RL Series is built to keep pace in a busy warehouse. Labels print quickly and accurately every time, even in cold environments. Downtime is reduced thanks to a large media roll capacity and a battery that stays charged for a full shift.
Enjoy Higher ROI - In today’s tough economic times, you can’t afford to buy printers that fail. The RL Series comes with Datamax-O’Neil’s legendary reliability and is backed by the industry’s only standard two-year warranty.
Ultra rugged products are often overlooked because of the purchase price, but many studies have shown that the cost of implementing lower cost hardware for professional use, especially in applications where products may be dropped or bumped frequently, is much greater than the cost of purchasing ultra-rugged equipment. RL Series printers embrace abuse. They take the punishment outlined in the MIL-STD 810F standards, and continue to operate flawlessly even after being dropped multiple times from a height of 6 ft (1.8m) onto concrete.
- Dual wall construction and rubber bumpers protect critical printhead and platen roller alignment by absorbing and displacing energy when the printer is dropped or bumped.
- Die-cast magnesium bracket, large stainless steel hinge pin and large gears further protect the platen roller.
- Unlike plastic or thin metal that break/bend easily when dropped, die-cast magnesium latches provide the perfect weight to strength ratio. Latches are lightweight yet rugged enough to endure repeated use and repeated six foot (1.8m) drops to concrete.
- Robust media arms are constructed using thick media posts that won’t jam or snap off easily. Large screws and durable glides ensure that this moving part will continue to operate trouble-free for the life of the printer.
- Arched design with rubber housing protects the recessed LCD screen and buttons. Internal anti-shock and anti-dampening foam further protects the LCD device.
- Port covers are made of a durable, rubberized material to protect against external environmental agents when ports are not in use.
We’ve leveraged our historic knowledge of rugged portable printers to ensure that the printer’s circuit boards are well protected by the RL Series’s outer shell and isolated sub-structure.
One of the reasons we are able to include the industry’s only 2-year warranty is because of our extensive engineering experience and rigorous testing.
- Dropped again and again…The RL Series was tested using military MIL-STD 810F testing procedures which require that the printer operate after being dropped on all corners, edges and faces for a total of 26 consecutive times. The RL Series passed MIL-STD 810F testing from a height of 6 feet (1.8m) onto solid concrete!
- Wear & Tear - Recessed latch and port covers were opened and closed 30,000 times during testing to ensure their integrity and long term reliability.
- Environmental Temperature Testing - The RL Series was put through exhaustive testing to ensure its flawless performance at extreme temperatures including the freezing environments common in cold storage applications.
- Rugged and Reliable - With uncompromising standards, the RL Series endures even the most punishing environments, and passes the MIL-STD 810F drop testing requirements. The RL Series is so rugged it continues to print after 26 consecutive drops to concrete from 6ft (1.8m) even when tested at extreme temperature conditions.
- Complete Line of Accessories - The versatile RL Series comes with a wide selection of charging and mounting accessories that allow it to be worn on the hip, mounted in a truck or even mounted and charged from a forklift.
- Easy to Integrate - The RL Series comes with popular language emulations that allow you to easily replace existing printers in the workplace. The printer is also compatible with most popular WMS packages and offers optional wireless 802.11 and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Great Battery Power – The long lasting lithium-ion battery offers maximum power capacity for a full 8-hour shift, even under the toughest conditions.
- Easy to Use – Nobody likes to change the paper roll, but we’ve made it so easy you can do it with one hand. We’ve also included an easy to read LCD screen with simple user interface buttons and a peel-and-present mechanism for quicker label application.
- Complete Line of Media & Supplies – Our Certified Label Supply Program ensures optimum, trouble-free performance from the RL Series and guarantees the highest quality print output and image stability.
- Two Year Warranty – Comes with the industry’s only two-year standard warranty – twice that of the competition!