Honeywell (formerly LXE) VX5 Rugged Vehicle Mount ComputerDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
LXE VX5 Rugged Vehicle-Mount Computer
Fully Rugged with Powerful Functionality
The Windows® based VX5 runs an Intel® Mobile Pentium III processor; is protected against water and dust with its IP66 rating; and is designed to withstand fork truck shock and vibration with full rubber isolation technology. This unit is powerful enough to support multiple applications and rugged enough to operate in extreme environments.
Future-Proofed with Terminal Emulation Options
The VX5 offers terminal emulation support allowing seamless migration from terminal emulation applications to Windows based GUI or browser based applications without buying new hardware. Additionally, the VX5 is 802.11g ready. So, when you're ready to upgrade, you'll simply need to swap out the computer's radio.
And the VX5 is supported by LXE’s award winning support team,winners of the Mobile Star AwardTM for best customer service five years in a row.
Front panel brightness control, for simple & fast brightness modifications as operators move between indoor & outdoor operations.
New RAM Mount® Bracket & LXE's proven rubber isolation system. Even protects rotating hard drives.
Optional UPS backup battery system protects against power loss & reboot delays.
Windows support for full desktop compatibility.
Optimized 12.1" glass-to-theedge TFT high-bright SVGA color display with touch screens for enhanced indoor & outdoor viewing.
Screen blanking safety feature.
Internal 12V - 80V fully isolated power supply. Handles the roughest fork truck power system.
Waterproof "Laptop" style backlit keyboard option with integrated mouse and dual-color backlit keys for easy data entry in poorly lit environments.
-22ºF (-30ºC) low temperature option with optional Flash Drive - perfect for freezer applications.
Processing & Memory
- Intel® Mobile Pentium III MMX 933MHz
- 256MB or 512MB SDRAM standard temp
- 512MB low temp SDRAM
- Up to 32MB UMA Video RAM
- Windows® 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Professional
- Barcode wedge utility
- RFTerm® (Windows terminal emulations VT220, TN5250, TN3270)
- My-T-Soft® on screen soft keyboard
- Wavelink AvalancheTM and LXE eXpress Config compatible
- LXE rugged 95 key “laptop style” keyboard with integrated 2-button mouse Features include: 101 key access, dual color backlight with brightness adjust, IP66 seal and low temp certified
- LXE rugged 60 key “legacy” keyboard Features include: 101 key access, backlight, epoxy coating, IP66 seal and terminal emulation specific overlays
- VX5 mounting options: RAM® mount U-Bracket mount U-Bracket adapter kit to use with existing LXE U-Bracket
- Keyboard mounting options: Integrated RAM Mount Integrated U-Bracket Mount Remote Mount
Display & Touch Screen
- 12.1” TFT active matrix color indoor & outdoor displays with resistive touch screen and tethered stylus SVGA - 800 x 600 pixels VGA - 640 x 480 (Configurable) 550 NIT Brightness (Outdoor Display) 350 NIT Brightness (Indoor Display)
- Front panel brightness adjust
- Screen blanking safety feature
Power Supply & UPS
- 12-80VDC internal fully isolated power supply with power cable for vehicle attachment
- Externally accessible fuse
- Front panel power switch with power status dual color LED
- Optional UPS lead acid backup battery pack capable of a minimum 15 minutes operation
- (2) RS-232 Ports (D9) with switchable power for tethered devices like scanners
- (1) Combo USB host / ethernet port (10/100Mb)
- (1) dual PS/2 keyboard / mouse port
- (1) internal USB host port
- (1) 2.5mm audio / microphone jack support external speakers or headset
- (2) internal speakers capable of volumes in excess of 95dB
- Expansion device access is via top mounted user access panel
- (2) Type I/II card bus slots
- (1) Type II PCMCIA ATA slot for memory devices
- (1) IDE drive interface via HDD sled
- Standard temperature 40GB IDE rotating drive 4GB solid state flash
- Extended temperature 4GB solid state low temp flash
- Users can install other drives via the hard drive sled that inserts through the top mounted user access panel
Radio Card Support - PCMCIA
- 2.4GHz 802.11b radio Single or dual diversity external omnidirectional antennas (remote mount antenna kits available)
- WPA or WPA2 security
PC Sound System
- SoundBlaster ProTM & Windows sound compatibility
- Black high strength, high temp industrial plastic with an aluminum heatsink
- Size: 9.6” x 12.1” x 4.2” (24.4cm x 30.7cm x 10.7cm)
- Weight: 11.3 lbs (5.13kg)
- Operating temperature range Standard temp 0oC (32oF) to 50oC (122oF) Extended temp Startup @ -20oC (-4oF) to 50oC (122oF) Operating @ -30oC (-22oF) to 50oC (122oF) Storage temperature range Standard temp: -30oC (-22oF) to 60oC (140oF) Extended temp: -40oC (-40oF) to 60oC (140oF)
- Humidity 5% to 95% RH non-condensing
- Dust and water protection enclosure rating compliant to IEC 60529 IP66
- Shock and vibration testing exceeds MIL STD 810F
- Emissions (EMI) FCC Part 15 Subpart B, Class A
- Industry Canada ICES-003 Class A EN 55022, Class A (CISPR22), AS/NZ 3548
- Immunity (EMC) EN 55024:1998
- Safety UL 60950, CSA C22.2 No. 60950, EN 60950, IEC 60950
- Radios separately approved to: FCC Part 15, Subpart C Industry Canada RSS 210, RSS 102 RSS 139 and/or 210
- R&TTE Directive: EN 300 328, EN 300 826, EN 60950
- RoHS compliant version available
- Remote antenna kits (6’ & 8’)
- Tethered scanners (1D and 2D PDF-417)
- Tethered area imagers and/or printers
- Wireless scanners
- PCMCIA and CF memory cards
- USB/Ethernet conversion cable
- Shielded printer and PC data cables
- Tethered stylus replacement kits
- Keyboard mounting brackets (3 options)
- Keyboard adapter cable for non-LXE kybds
- UPS lead acid battery pack
- UPS battery 6’ extension cable
- AC/DC power sply for wall-mount apps