HP ProLiant DL380 G7 ServerDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server Computer
The HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server continues to deliver on its heritage of engineering excellence with increased flexibility and performance, enterprise-class uptime and HP Insight Control manageability, 2 socket Intel Xeon performance, and 2U density for a variety of applications.
Increased Performance and Durability for Demanding Scale-Out Applications
- Intel Xeon Processors 5600 series offers higher performance, better power efficiency, and more adaptability with: Intel QuickPath, Integrated Memory Controller, Turbo Boost, Intelligent Power Technologies and Trusted Execution Technology
- Up to 384 GB Registered Memory DIMMS (up to 48 GB Unbuffered): Memory intensive applications benefit from memory buffers, faster memory speeds, 4:1 memory interleaving and larger memory capacity
- Advanced ECC memory corrects 4bit memory errors that occur within a single DRAM chip on the DIMM. Mirrored memory protection against uncorrectable memory errors without degrading performance of the memory system. Online Memory Spare adds protection from unscheduled downtime.
- Complete data protection with embedded Smart Array RAID controller, transportable battery-backed write cache and RAID 6 options. Write cache improves disk performance.
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS): With up to sixteen (16) SAS drives and new embedded Smart Array RAID controllers, you get quicker access to data and increase storage bandwidth for cutting edge storage performance
- Smart, Flexible Systems Ready for Complex, Dynamic Environments
- Insight Control - essential infrastructure management that speeds server deployment, proactively manages health, optimizes power management, and offers control from anywhere – available standard on Performance models
- Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) allows powerful, hardware-based remote administration and control from a standard web browser to conserve valuable IT staff resources
- Server configuration and deployment is simplified with tools like SmartStart, Rapid Deployment Pack, PXE, and ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU)
- Integrated VMware and XenServer virtualization technology; internal USB and SD slot
- System Insight Display: A rugged slide-out system diagnostics display saves administrators time with easy to find trouble shooting information at the front of the server
Energy Efficiency Leadership
- Delivering more power for your needs with the highest efficiency in the industry, as seen by meeting Climate Savers Computing Gold, 80PLUS Gold, and setting the standards for Energy Star for Servers compliance
- Right-Sized ProLiant power supplies from 460 Watts at 92% efficiency, 750 Watts at 92% efficiency, to 1200 Watts at 94% efficiency. Be sure to use the HP Power Calculator for selecting the right size power supply.
- HP unique Thermal Logic Technologies provide intelligent power & cooling with “Sea of Sensors” that manage and adjust power and cooling throughout the server to provide continuous peak performance and efficient cooling
- Improve your capacity up to 3x with Insight Control and Dynamic Power Capping. Dynamic Power Capping allows you to cap the servers power use level, without impacting performance and still fully protecting the Circuit Breakers in the rack
Engineered for Reliability and Ease of Ownership
- Clean, tool-free, mechanical design enhances reliability and simplifies configuration and maintenance with tool-free, modular components, hot plug redundancy features for fast maintenance, and minimal cables for easy access to components
- With universal tool-free sliding rails the DL380 G7 is quick to install and quick release levers allow for fast server access. An ambidextrous cable management arm option provides cabling flexibility and management for quick access to the server.
- The focus on Server Commonality increases IT productivity and manageability with universal drives, Smart Array Controllers, and common power supplies and components to simplify spare parts inventories
- ROM based configuration and management features increase uptime and simplify configuration and independent health monitoring