Socket SoMo 655Rx Handheld Healthcare Mobile ComputerDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Socket SoMo® 655Rx Handheld Computer Series
Best suited for hygiene-sensitive environments such as healthcare or hospitality.
Durability and Performance for Enterprise Applications
Socket Mobile’s SoMo 655 family of mobile computers delivers the performance, features and value required by today’s businesses. Designed with investment protection and fl exibility in mind, the SoMo 655 features the Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system, an 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi radio, enterprise class Bluetooth®, industry leading 4GB memory, a robust connector design and fl exible docking station that charges a spare battery and the SoMo 655 with or without Socket’s optional extended protection DuraCase.
Designed for business mobility, the SoMo 655 provides an ergonomic design with contoured grip surfaces, is lightweight and small enough to fi t into your pocket. Socket completes the off ering with Antimicrobial and non-radio models, a complete set of data capture choices and a full line of accessories to assure that the SoMo 655 fi ts perfectly into your application environment.
- Small form factor for portability and comfort: At only 7.2 oz (204 g) the SoMo 655 is one of the lightest in its class
- Operating System: Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 (formerly Windows Mobile 6.5 Classic)
- PXA270M processor running at 624 MHz for fast application responsiveness
- Memory: Large 4 GB standard Flash memory and user accessible microSD slot for up to 32 GB of additional storage
- High-quality 3.5 inch color touchscreen display for easy viewing and data entry
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi technology for great coverage, fast roaming and robust network security
- Best-in-class wireless management: Socket’s Enhanced Wi-Fi Companion (e-WFC) management software delivers advanced network security and seamless roaming
- Bluetooth version 2.0 + EDR Class 2 for maximum support of 3rd party peripherals
- Versatile data collection options offer flexibility and expandability: Add barcode scanning, magnetic Stripe Reading, RFID or combo barcode scanning and RFID
- Socket’s SoMo FileStore provides non-volatile storage that survives a hard reset: Restore device ROM image, applications and configuration settings without the need to re-load software.
- SDK available to developers. The SDK provides fl exible control via Application Programming Interfaces to optimize hardware features of the SoMo 655 for specifi c applications.
- Long available life you can count on: Socket recognizes the need for extended product availability far longer than is common with consumer products companies. When it is time to upgrade, Socket provides realistic thoughtful migration options to ensure a smooth transition.