Verifone Vx 510 Countertop Payment DeviceDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Verifone Vx 510 Countertop Payment Device
The PCI PED approved and RoHS-compliant* VeriFone Vx 510 offers superior performance for payment and value-added applications and dramatically reduces transaction time to just a few seconds. Part of Vx Solutions, it leverages existing SoftPay and Verix applications to allow merchants to get up and running quickly and efficiently.
The ergonomic device is ideal to be handed from clerk to customer for PIN entry. The VeriFone Vx 510s backlit display, easy-to-read menu prompts and intuitive ATM-style interface reduce the chance of entry errors. In addition, its integrated high-speed thermal printer and internal PIN pad keep countertops clutter-free.
The VeriFone Vx 510 payment device for U.S. and Canadian customers includes dial communications and 3 MB of memory. In Canada, the Interac certified VeriFone Vx 510 is also available with a smart card reader.
The VeriFone Vx 510 payment device for non-U.S. and Canadian customers includes a smart card reader to handle data-intensive EMV transactions plus a choice of dial or dial + Ethernet connectivity, 0 or 3 SAMs, and 3 MB or 6 MB of memory.
The VeriFone Vx 510LE payment device is just what U.S. merchants want, and everything they need! This hard-working, reliable payment device efficiently processes debit and credit transactions. Plus, as a part of Vx Solutions, it is an extension of what you already know. Its ATM-style interface is instantly intuitive, requiring virtually no training. The lightweight, ergonomic device with integrated thermal printer and a built-in PIN pad can be easily handed to customers for PIN entry.
- 200 MHz 32bit RISC processor: the fastest processor in the industry for multi-tasking capabilities
- Up to 6MB of lightning-fast DMM (dynamically managed memory) provide exceptional processing on debit, credit, EBT and value-added transactions - including EMV smart card
- Optional Ethernet and dial capabilities are built into the same device so it is easy to switch from one to the other - without attachments
- File compression, used in conjunction with high-speed networks or high-speed modems greatly streamlines application downloads
- Supports IP-based transactions, building upon the Verix IP infrastructure and its suite of familiar TCP/IP tools
- Exceptional graphics-handling by both display and printer quickly renders logos, graphical fonts and character-based languages
- Integrated high-speed thermal printer is quiet and fast (18 lines per second) with drop-in, "clam shell" loading to simplify paper changing and eliminate jams
Easy to Use
- Intuitive ATM-style interface, large backlit display, ergonomic keys, and bold menu prompts minimize clerk training, speed lines, and reduce errors
- Triple-track, high-coercivity card reader handles most magnetic-striped cards, including mini cards
- Includes built-in smart card reader and Security Access Modules (SAMs) to support multiple smart card solutions and offer added data protection
- Internal PIN pad for debit and other PIN-based applications
- Sleek and stylish, with an extremely small footprint and "hand-over" design for customer PIN entry
Advanced Security and Superior Reliability
- Latest security protections include advanced 3DES encryption, Master/Session and Derived Unique Key Per Transaction (DUKPT) management, and sophisticated VeriShield file authentication and tamper resistance
- PCI PED approved for debit and other PIN-based transactions, and has earned EMV Level 1 and Level 2 Type approval
- Application separation at both the hardware and software level minimizes or eliminates the need to recertify existing payment applications every time an application is added or modified