Wasp WLS8400ER Corded Industrial Handheld Extended Range Laser (1D) Barcode ScannerDiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Wasp WLS8400ER Extended Range Industrial Barcode Scanner
The Wasp WLS8400ER industrial extended range barcode scanner delivers superior performance and versatility for scan-intensive industrial environments. In the yard, warehouse, distribution center, manufacturing plant or retail store, the WLS8400ER industrial barcode scanner offers best-in-class performance, excellent reliability, and user-friendly ergonomics to increase productivity. Multiple on-board interfaces ensure flexible plug-and-play host connectivity.
Advanced Data Capture Features for Industrial-Grade Applications
The WLS8400ER reads barcodes from as far away as 45 feet (14 m) and as close as 5 inches (13 cm) to give you the kind of versatility that's necessary for today's industrial applications. The rugged housing, sealed to IP65 standards, withstands repeated drops of up to 6.5 feet (2 m) free fall to concrete, ensuring limited downtime. In fact, the WLS8400ER maintained its reliability when subjected to multiple drops in a specialized tumble test. For applications requiring quick access and convenient storage, the WLS8400ER features a built-in metal hook for attachment to a pulley. Two large LED-enhancing windows and an extra loud 80-decibel (db) beeper are strategically placed on the scanner for clear, audible feedback to users.
The Smartest Way to Capture Mission-Critical Information
The extended range WLS8400ER from Wasp Barcode Technologies was designed specifically for industrial applications. When you choose the WLS8400ER, you receive the added assurance of purchasing from Wasp.
- Improves user productivity
- Ensures maximum reliability with less down time due to accidental drops
- Protects against water and dust to ensure reliable performance in rough conditions
- Delivers clearly visible line for more accurate scanning
- Offers fast, accurate barcode reading on menus and pick lists
- Ensures flexible connectivity, allowing for host "future proofing"
- Eliminates costly modifications to the host software
- Facilitates updates/customization of product in the field
- Allows for easy replacement and/or upgrades
- Compatible with emerging symbology to leverage your hardware
- Flexible working range: 4 inches. (10 cm) to 45 feet (14 m)
- Ergonomic, rugged industrial design withstands multiple 6.5-foot. drops (2 m) to concrete; 2,500 3-foot (1 m) tumbles (5,000 hits)
- IP65 sealing rating (electronic enclosure)
- Bright 650nm laser aiming dot
- Dual-scan angle switches from standard to wide under software control
- Multiple on-board interfaces
- Advanced data formatting (ADF)
- Flash memory
- Universal cable set
- Supports Reduced Space Symbology (RSS®) investment