Zebra (formerly Motorola / Psion-Teklogix) Ikon 7505 Rugged PDADiscontinued Replaced by: Direct Replacement Not Available - Contact Us For Suggested Replacement
Psion Ikon 7505 A Rugged PDA For The Real World
Look What’s Built In
There are rugged handheld computers and there is Ikôn, the most sophisticated mobile workforce automation device on the planet.
Pick it up and you notice a few things right away. It just feels right. The way it rests in your hand. The balance. The feel. Next, you’ll notice the big, bright, full VGA display and the QWERTY keyboard option, colourcoded for usability. Fire it up. You’ve got everything you need to turbo-charge your mobile workforce. Integrated imager or scanner. Colour camera. WiFi for the local network and 3G HSDPA for further afield. Plus Bluetooth® and Assisted GPS to find your way to the next task. Breakthrough antenna technology means you stay connected even at the edge of the coverage zone; and the longest battery life in the market so you stay supported all shift long… and beyond.
This is what mobile productivity was supposed to look like. This is Ikôn.
Is There Anything It Can’t Do?
Take a Windows®-based PDA with 3G HSDPA. Add more radio capabilities with Assisted GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth®. Give it a camera and a full VGA display.
Design it with Natural Task Support™, the best ergonomics in the business.
Now drop it on to concrete from five feet. In the shower. Pick it up and get to work.
You’ve just invented the Ikôn.
Look What’s Built In
- Ikôn integrates data capture, voice and data communications in one compact device. Wireless capability includes WiFi, cellular 3G HSDPA and Bluetooth® connectivity. And Assisted GPS harnesses the power of location-based apps.
Mobile Workers Love Ikôn
- Because it’s built on the principles of Natural Task Support™, Ikôn helps mobile workers get the job done faster and more comfortably. The 3.7-inch full VGA display makes it incredibly easy to read even complex graphics and CAD drawings in low-light situations. The ergonomic keypad is designed for one-hand use with clear, unambiguous feedback. Plus great balance, hand-feel… and stunning looks.
Rugged Beyond The Ratings
- Mobile workers drop things. It’s unavoidable. So Ikôn withstands drops from 5 feet (1.5 metres) to polished concrete. And since mobile environments are unpredictable, Ikôn has an IP65 rating, for protection against dust and water sprayed from all directions. Finally, don’t worry about an external antenna getting in the way or breaking – because there isn’t one.
Longer Battery Life
- The highest battery capacity on the market ensures a full-day of productivity for mobile workers. And we’ve tweaked the operating system and added utilities to squeeze every last coulomb out of it (like using the minimum intensity for the scanner unless it needs more power, then ramping up automatically).
Expand Into An Unknown Future
- Unlike most sealed, rugged handheld computers, Ikôn gives you three expansion slots (USB, Serial and DC Jack) so you can add functionality as your needs change.
- Our growing ecosystem of developer partners are constantly creating new hardware modules for Psion Teklogix devices (biometrics or RFID anyone?)