Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) LS5700 / LS5800 Hands Free Laser (1D) Barcode ScannerDiscontinued Replaced by: Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) LS7708 Barcode Scanner
Motorola / Symbol LS5700/LS5800 Hands-Free Scanner
Fast, Aggressive Mini-Slot Scanners Increase Productivity and Improve Customer Satisfaction
High Throughput Speeds Customers Effortlessly Through Check-out; Small Footprint Saves Valuable Countertop Space
Symbol Technologies presents the LS 5700 and LS 5800, the standard in hands-free point-of-sale retail laser scanning. These omnidirectional mini-slot scanners feature broad yet dense scan fields for unsurpassed throughput and a high first-pass read rate. The expanded working range and aggressive performance combine for fast, accurate scanning with minimal operator effort. The result is quicker, more productive, check-out operations – and happier customers.
Superior Performance, Advanced Features
Symbol Technologies, the world leader in bar code-driven data management technology, developed the LS 5700 and LS 5800 specifically for the demanding requirements of point-of-sale (POS) scanning. The LS 5700 delivers maximum performance for on-counter applications, while the LS 5800 model is ideal for in-counter installation. Both models offer more advanced features than comparably priced hands-free scanners:
High first-pass read rate
- quickly scans low-contrast, poorly printed and/or damaged bar codes.
Large, dense scanning field
- reduces the need to orient merchandise to capture and scan bar codes, thereby increasing user comfort while speeding up the check-out process.
- allows software upgrades to be easily downloaded on site with a standard personal computer.
- applied logic for deciphering and rebuilding damaged and truncated bar codes,increasing first-pass read rate and throughput.
Symbol hand-held laser scanner support
- essential for retail environments with oversized or heavy merchandise.
SynapseTM “smart cable,” a Symbol exclusive
- a simple cable change connects the LS 5700/LS 5800 to most popular host systems, eliminating the need for costly and/or time consuming scanner modification when migrating host environments.
Optional Integrated Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
- scans bar codes and deactivates security tags in a single action, saving operator time while enhancing store security and optimizing valuable POS counter space.
A Profile to Fit Your Profile
The LS 5700 and LS 5800 have been designed with your valuable check-out space in mind: both models boast the smallest footprint possible, while maintaining large scan fields for the greatest ease of use.
The on-counter LS 5700’s scan field has been optimized for highspeed “swipe” scanning over the broadest possible working range – from contact to 8"/20 cm. It reads items flush to the counter, eliminating the need to lift merchandise, reducing fatigue and speeding the check-out process. Only 3.8"/8.9 cm deep, the LS 5700 requires minimum space on your countertop while delivering maximum scanning performance.
The in-counter LS 5800 has improved optics for reading bar codes presented perpendicular or at an angle to the scan window. Cashiers save both time and motion by simply passing merchandise over the countertop: the need to tilt bottles, cans or other items toward the scanner window is virtually eliminated. Scratch resistant, diamonex and sapphire hardened window options are available to meet the needs of your grocery, soft goods, low-volume or high-capacity retail environment. What’s more, the LS 5800’s thin 3"/7.6 cm profile is perfect for seated operators requiring added leg space.
Benefits Consumers, Employees and Retailers
The LS 5700/LS 5800’s unsurpassed combination of performance and features benefits:
- fast, accurate scanning speeds customers through check-out in the shortest time possible.
- the dense, broad scan field requires fewer wrist and finger movements, reducing the fatigue of repetitive motion to enhance overall comfort.
- greater productivity and happier customers ultimately produce higher profitability. Their ease of use holds down training expenses –making them an even greater value.
The LS 5700 and LS 5800: Aggressive, cost-effective minislot scanners with a choice of orientations to meet any countertop requirement. They’re highperformance products designed especially for retailers, from Symbol Technologies, the world leader in bar code-driven data management systems, with more than 5 million scanners and terminals installed.
Aggressive First-Pass Read Rate for Excellent Performance on Low-Contrast, Damaged and Poorly Printed Symbols
- Fast scanning speeds shoppers through check-out.
Omni-Directional, Dense Scan Pattern Reduces Movement Needed to Scan Bar Codes
- Reduces need for operators to manipulate items, increasing comfort while speeding scanning.
Programmable Depth of Field Adjusts to Your POS Environment
- Controlled scan field accommodates tight check-out spaces, eliminating unintentional scans.
Electronically Erasable Flash Memory
- Future software upgrades can be easily downloaded on site using a standard PC.
Hand-held Laser Scanner Connectivity to Symbol Scanners, Including the LS 4000 and LS 3600 Series
- Ideal for retail environments where a handheld scanner is often needed for oversized or heavy merchandise.
Optional Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) with Interlock Feature Integrates Bar Code Scanning and Security Tag Deactivation in a Single Action
- Saves time by eliminating the need to deactivate security tag in a separate step; increases effectiveness of security system and maximizes valuable point-of-sale counter space.
Synapse “Smart Cable,” a Symbol Exclusive, Connects the LS 5700/LS 5800 to Most Popular POS Host Systems
- One POS scanner is compatible with multiple host systems, eliminating the need for costly scanner upgrades when migrating across host environments. Simplifies logistics and equipment management.
Easy to Use
- Minimizes costly, time-consuming training.
Scanners go Into Automatic Sleep Mode When Not in Use, but “Wake Up” at the Pass of a Bar Code
- Reduces power demand and extends scanner life.
Adjustable Beeper Volume and Frequency
- Adjusts to ambient noise levels. Different frequencies distinguish check-outs to avoid cashier confusion.