Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) Phaser (P370 / P470) Cordless Rugged Barcode ScannerDiscontinued Replaced by: Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) MT2000 Series Handheld Mobile Terminal
Motorola / Symbol Phaser (P370/P470) Cordless Rugged Bar Code Scanner
Flexibility That Works Inside and Outside the Enterprise
The Phaser P370 and P470 cordless RF bar code scanners from Motorola are rugged, high-performance wireless devices that enable instant decision-making and seamless communications throughout the enterprise.
Designed with a comfortable forward-scanning pistol grip to minimize fatigue in scan-intensive applications, the P370 and P470 scanners are available in keypad or keyless confi gurations.
Easy System Integration and Programmable Architecture
The P370 and P470 offer easy system integration along with a programmable architecture that extends functionality beyond basic bar code scanners. For fast integration, both the P370 and P470 support the 123Scan setup utility software, a convenient Microsoft® Windows®- based program that helps reduce your start-up time and costs for these scanners. This free utility enables you to confi gure communication settings and enable/disable symbologies. It also assists you in generating advanced data formatting (ADF) rules to allow bar code data to be modifi ed by the scanner before it is sent to the host application. The P370 and P470 scanners can be programmed via PC download or by scanning bar codes generated by the utility.
For added versatility, you can also purchase MCLTM-Designer software, a programmable architecture that extends scanner functionality. Even non-programmers can develop custom data management applications to harness the on-board computing power of these scanners. Further, MCL-Link communication software easily connects the P370 and P470 to your host. Capabilities include ODBC database connectivity plus the automation of frequent tasks such as nightly data downloads and look-up fi le updates.
Proven Performance and Affordability
With the Phaser P370 and P470 cordless RF bar code scanners, you can choose the device that best meets your application needs in any environment. The P370 is suited for extreme environments, making it ideal for warehouse, yard or loading dock applications. And the P470 delivers the identical data capture functionality for in-store uses including stockroom tasks and oversized item checkout. Both scanners deliver the proven performance and affordability that customers have grown to expect from Motorola.
- Cordless RF Scanning Enables real-time bar code data collection wherever cables restrict movement or limit access
- Keyless and Keypad Versions Choose the features most needed
- 2.4 GHz Point-to-Point Radio Frequency Technology Improves accuracy with error-free, reliable data transmission
- 17-Key Alphanumeric Keypad and 2-Line x 20-Character Display Allows users to easily view, enter and delete scanned records for maximum productivity
- Forward-Scanning Pistol Grip Reduces user fatigue in scan-intensive environments
- Flash Memory Conduct easy software upgrades in the field
- Supports 123Scan Utility Software and Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) Delivers seamless integration of scanned data into the existing host application
- Advanced Long-Range Functionality Enables users to read bar codes from as far as 30 feet (9.1 meters) for maximum productivity
- Sealed to IP54 Standards (P370 Only) Suitable for extreme environments
- Optional MCL-Designer Develop custom data management applications
- Preloaded Inventory Application Software Scan and store bar code data, enter quantities, review and delete records