Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) VC5090 Vehicle Mount ComputerDiscontinued Replaced by: Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) VC70N0 Ultra-Rugged Vehicle-Mount Mobile Computer
Motorola / Symbol VC5090 Vehicle/Fixed Mount Mobile Computer
Engineered to Maximize Productivity in the Harshest Enterprise Environments
The VC5090 Vehicle/Fixed-Mount Mobile Computer from Motorola combines rugged construction and high performance wireless networking to enable real-time data access and collection in the harshest environments — from the loading dock and freezer to the warehouse floor. Whether your workers are on a forklift, at a fixed station or moving through the warehouse aisles, the VC5090 provides the tools needed to increase productivity and reduce errors in shipping and receiving, as well as put-away and picking applications. The results are improved decision making, streamlining of warehouse operations — and a positive impact on your bottom line.
Maximum Durability and Reliability
With industrial and military grade specifications for vibration, shock, temperature and sealing, the VC5090 delivers maximum durability in the toughest environments. From the subzero temperatures in a freezer to the repetitive pounding and vibrations of forklift operations, the VC5090 delivers reliable year after year performance, protecting your investment and delivering the uptime needed to keep your business moving.
Support Next-Generation Applications
The VC5090 offers the high performance and robust functionality needed to support innovative rich browserbased and custom Windows CE mobile applications as well as terminal emulation applications. The fully featured device is equipped with the functionality to streamline supply chain management through seamless connectivity to virtually any wireless LAN through 802.11a/b/g, wireless scanning and printing via Bluetooth, support for voice-picking, and Voice-over- IP via a push-to-talk handset. In addition, the RFID-ready VC5090 can be integrated with vehicle mounted RFID reader solutions. The sharp high-resolution screen is easy to view in any warehouse environment. The touchscreen enables easy data input with gloved hands. And the familiar easy-to-use Windows CE platform provides compatibility with many of today’s mobile applications.
Reduce the Cost and Complexity of Mobility
The VC5090 delivers even greater value as part of Motorola’s leading rugged mobile computer line. The shared hardware and software architecture enable the VC5090 to integrate seamlessly into your existing Motorola infrastructure. Applications developed for other Motorola rugged mobile computers can be easily ported to the VC5090, dramatically reducing software development and training requirements, and increasing the return on investment for existing applications. Adding Motorola’s Mobility Services Platform (MSP) enables you to quickly and easily deploy, provision, track and support all your VC5090 devices, anywhere in the world, from a central location — delivering an unprecedented level of simplicity and low cost to managing mobile devices. To help protect your investment, Motorola offers Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage. This unique offering covers normal wear and tear, as well as accidental damage to displays, touchscreens, keyboards and more at no extra charge — virtually eliminating your unforeseen repair expenses.
- Common Symbol Architecture Easily leverage applications developed for other Symbol rugged mobile computers with Intel XScale PXA270 @ 624 MHz and Windows CE 5.0 Professional, offering support for a wide range of applications, realtime processing and data storage needs
- Integrated 802.11a/b/g WLAN Seamless integration with your existing WLAN for powerful realtime data visibility
- Rugged Construction Designed to withstand the most extreme environments, IP66-sealed aluminum housing and MIL-STD-810F military rating protect your investment and dramatically reduce downtime and repair costs
- Eligible for Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage Contract extends normal wear and tear to cover accidental damage to displays, touchscreens and internal components; reduces repair costs
- Standard Heater on all Models at no Extra Cost Reliable operation in freezer/cold store/outdoor environments as low as -22° F/-30° C
- MSP Compatible Easy and cost-effective centralized remote management
- Internal Antennas and Support for External Antenna Ensures robust wireless connectivity, even in challenging environments
- WPAN: Bluetooth v1.2 Support for wireless printing and cordless scanning