Zebra WT4000 - (formerly Motorola / Symbol) WT4000 Wearable TerminalDiscontinued Replaced by: Zebra (formerly Motorola / Symbol) WT41N0 Rugged Wearable Mobile Computer
Motorola / Symbol WT4000 WT4000 Series Wearable Terminal
Enhance Worker Efficiency and Productivity with Rugged, High-Performance, Hands-Free Mobile Computing and Scanning
The WT4000 Series Wearable Terminal from Motorola empowers warehouse and package handling workers to achieve new levels of efficiency, productivity and accuracy by bringing the most advanced computing and scanning technology to their fingertips in an ergonomic, wearable design. The hands-free system offers maximum flexibility, with headset support for voice picking, as well as mix and match connectors on either side of the device enabling the right- or left-handed scanning. The robust system delivers the kind of dependability you need for every-day all-day operation, offering the latest in mobile operating systems and processing power in a rugged design to endure the most demanding environments — from the dusty warehouse floor to the cooler and freezer, or to a postal sorting area. Connectivity to virtually any wireless LAN provides a critical always-on connection to your business systems. Accuracy is increased in picking operations since workers can receive instant feedback if the wrong item is selected, reducing the costs associated with erroneous shipments.
A Flexible Computing and Scanning Platform for Every Warehouse Environment
The WT4000 Series wearable system provides a single scanning platform that can support many applications. The system supports voice-only, text-only and combination voice and text, and can be worn comfortably on either the wrist or the hip. Two scanning options offer support for near and far scanning — the lightweight RS409 ring scanner, and the freezer-ready back-of-the-hand RS309. Using the same device, voice-based picking can be employed to improve picking speed, while text-based capabilities stand ready to display information and allow keyed input for more precise picking as well as error and exception handling, across the wide range of warehouse temperatures. Both scanners offer the high level of scanning performance that is synonymous with the Motorola name, including the ability to scan poorly printed or damaged bar codes. This complete hands-free system provides a common platform for warehouse operations that eliminates the need to purchase, deploy, support and manage multiple devices, effectively reducing capital as well as operational expense.
Maximum Uptime, Return…and Value
When you need maximum value from your warehouse technology investments, the WT4000 Series wearable system delivers. Designed from Motorola’s extensive experience gained from over 30 years as the market leader in bar code scanning and over 12 years in designing, selling and supporting wearable mobile computing products, the WT4000 Series represents the latest in hands-free wearable solutions. Upgraded ergonomics improve user comfort and safety, increased durability covers a wider range of enterprise warehouse environments, and new features simplify operation and help increase worker productivity. And since even rugged devices need a support plan, Motorola offers Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage to help protect your investment. This unique offering covers normal wear and tear, as well as accidental damage to displays, keypads, and other internal and external components at no extra charge — significantly reducing your unforeseen repair expenses. The result is maximum uptime, maximum product life and streamlined operations, delivering a rapid return on investment — and a low total cost of ownership.
- Hands-Free Design Enables workers to easily handle materials or parts while interacting with the mobile computer.
- High-Performance Platform Provides the power to run nearly any enterprise application.
- 802.11 a/b/g WLAN Provides up to the minute information through real-time processing that improves decision making, reduces errors, and enhances user productivity.
- Rugged Design Ensure dependable operation in challenging warehouse environments, including the cooler and the freezer; reduce device replacement costs; and maximize uptime: IP54 sealing and 4 ft./1.2 m drop specification across the entire operating temperature range.
- Flexible Platform Support for Hands-Free Text and Voice-Based Picking Eliminates effort and cost associated with purchasing and supporting multiple systems for different applications.
- Designed for Wide Temperature Ranges Ensures operation in a wide range of warehouse temperatures, including -20Â°C in freezers (-30Â°C when using freezer pouches).
- Ergonomic Design Ensures user comfort and worker safety to increase productivity and decreases the possibility of injury.
- 2.8 Inch Color QVGA Display with Backlight Excellent at-a-glance readability in nearly any lighting condition.