Symbol Technologies Repair & Maintenance
Keep your Symbol Technologies products performing at their best. The Legacy National Service Center provides expert repair of Symbol devices including barcode scanners, printers, and more.
Our factory-trained technicians have performed more than 150,000 repairs. Legacy is one of the largest service centers in the United States, and with state-of-the-art diagnostics, we’re proud of our reputation for reliability. Plus, we offer multi-vendor service agreements so that you can place different types of Symbol hardware under one service umbrella—much more convenient than managing multiple vendors / manufacturers / agreements.
If you’re using Symbol hardware, you may already be using Legacy! Many sellers of extended maintenance contracts and even some manufacturers use Legacy to perform service on Symbol devices covered by their contracts.
Symbol Technologies Extended Service Agreements
An Extended Service Agreement provides repair services for periods of one to five years and covers all parts and labor necessary to repair the Symbol units covered by the contract. All equipment must be in good working condition prior to being placed under the agreement, and contract premiums are due in advance for agreement to be in effect.
- Using our online Service Request tool, simply ship the equipment to Legacy and it will be repaired and shipped back to you.
- Return shipping via UPS or FedEx ground or equivalent method is included; expedited shipping is available when needed at additional cost.
- You may also request that your Symbol mobile computers and data terminals be shipped back loaded with client-provided software.
Symbol Technologies Flat Rate Repair
Symbol Technologies units are repaired for published flat rate prices. (On rare occasions, a device will be too severely damaged to qualify for flat rate repair; in that instance, a time and materials repair quote will be generated and submitted for customer approval.)
- A rapid yet comprehensive evaluation of each unit occurs on the day of receipt by specially trained senior Legacy technicians or repair team leaders in order to confirm eligibility for flat rate repair.
- To ensure the fastest repair service, a purchase order number may be provided online when you request a repair authorization.
- Alternatively, we will notify you automatically by 2:00 PM on the day we receive your Symbol equipment that an online estimate is ready for approval using Legacy’s Service Management Portal system.
- Turnaround times are usually 2 to 3 days from the repair approval date.
Symbol Technologies Advance Exchange Service
For mission critical environments, Legacy will maintain a spare pool of your Symbol equipment and ship spares at your direction along with instructions for returning the non-working device being replaced. Upon return to Legacy, the non-working equipment will be repaired and put back into the spare pool inventory awaiting re-deployment.