Zebra QLn420 QLn Series 4
Zebra® QLn420™ Mobile Printer
(Manufacturer page here)
Zebra’s popular QL™ family of direct-thermal mobile label printers has built a highly satisfied following based upon its proven dropresistant durability; user-friendly, productivity-boosting features; and easy integration. As Zebra’s third generation of QL printers, the QLn420 extends these QL-platform benefits to the “nth” power.
A new seamless, one-piece design joins the printer’s over-molding to make the printer even more durable. The QLn printer can boost your operation’s productivity through a larger, sharper, easier-to-navigate display; faster, higher-quality printing; a variety of proactive alerts that help keep working printers in employees’ hands; and many convenient charging accessories. And your IT department will find the QLn printer easier to integrate into existing environments with such features as Zebra Global Printing, improved network performance—including 802.11n wireless LAN capability for more robust and reliable connectivity and throughput—and ZebraLink™ support.
The QLn420 has multiple enhancements deliver significant operations advantages over the previous-generation QL and QL Plus™ series mobile printers.
Easier to Use
Reduce training requirements and speed user adoption. Increase worker productivity and process efficiency.
- Easy-to-navigate controls and interface, including help menu and alert messages
- Easy to carry and store with a smaller printer design
- Faster, higher-quality printing with lower power use, through new Power Smart Print Technology™
- Higher performance
- Faster processing and throughput
- Increased memory that handles printer’s advanced functions and future firmware improvements, and stores more complex fonts, graphics and images
- New, convenient charging accessories increase user and operations efficiencies
Longer printer uptime
- Mobile printing helps you improve operational productivity and reduce costs associated with downtime through fewer printing interruptions
- Prevent associates from being stuck printerless in the middle of their work. The printer enables proactive maintenance by displaying printer alert messages, smart battery charge and health status, and printhead cleaning how-to’s
- Avoid the downtime and costs of unnecessarily sending the printer away for servicing. Many issues can be remotely diagnosed and resolved (including firmware updates, configuration changes, and adding new fonts or graphics) over an Ethernet connection
New features in the QLn420 printer make it easier and quicker to integrate into your existing network and printer environment, anywhere in the world, with no changes to software or network infrastructure needed. They help save IT time and costs—as do easier printer management and other features.
Easier to Set up
- The Zebra Setup Utility quickly configures single printers and ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise enables global centralized printer management
- Print Touch™ software simplifies Bluetooth® pairing and launches Web-based help pages with Near Field Communication-enabled devices
- ZebraDesigner™ Pro (for label design) and ZebraDesigner drivers (for Windows) create efficient and optimized output while Zebra’s Unicode™ UTF-16-compliant Global Printing Solution, with right-to-left printing capability, enables you to print in local languages.
Easier to integrate
- ZPL® programming language ensures full compatibility with many other Zebra printers and ZBI 2.x™ programming enables printers to directly connect with legacy host systems and peripheral devices such as scanners and scales. Backwards compatibility with QL and QL Plus models also lets you upgrade to the QLn printer without changing media or label formats. It also allows mixed networks of QL/QL Plus and QLn products, as does the QLn printer’s inclusion of the legacy CPCL programming language
- Integrate and use the printer in a variety of physical environments and conditions thanks to its durable design
- The QLn series printers offer 802.11a/b/g/n wireless LAN capability. This provides more robust and reliable connectivity for a greater throughput in environments where users need to transmit larger blocks of data. Zebra’s 802.11n solution has dual-band support (5GHz and 2.4GHz) and is fully compatible with 802.11a and 802.11b/g standards – you can now easily move business operations to the less crowded 5GHz band using Zebra’s wireless connectivity solution.
- The Link-OS™ Software Development Kit creates printing applications for the Windows®, Apple®, Android™, WinCE®, WinMobile® and BlackBerry® platforms. Virtual Printers (to be released at a later date) will provide embedded support for third-party formatting languages.
- The QLn420 printer features improved communication with leading handheld terminals. These terminals have been tested with industry-leading applications to verify interoperability and improve overall optimization when using the QLn420 printer with validated terminals. Zebra Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners create industry-leading software solutions to solve business problems and Zebra works closely with these ISVs to integrate printing and other capabilities of Zebra products. Zebra-validated applications can be found at zebra.com/validation
Easier to manage
- Use the Link-OS software solutions to rapidly configure, monitor and integrate Zebra printers with your system. Also manage specific, local printer and battery issues remotely over a wired IP network via a Zebra Ethernet Cradle – keeping printers in service longer and reducing “no problem found” returns. The Ethernet cradle allows all printer configurations to be remotely managed, including serial and Bluetooth (which would not otherwise be possible). A Profile Manager with AirWatch Connector quickly connects your printer with the AirWatch device-management system via WLAN and Ethernet
- The mirror function automatically updates printer firmware and/or configuration from a file server over either 802.11 or Ethernet interfaces
- You can also manage QLn printers using most popular third-party management software solutions and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is fully supported